Thread: NFL Draft Day 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    His last two picks = BUSTS !

I start out every Draft optimistic. Tring my best to believe this time TT will have it together.

By this time on Saturday I usually feel the same:

Pissed off !
    Wouldn't it be prudent to wait and see if they can play before declaring them busts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Wouldn't it be prudent to wait and see if they can play before declaring them busts?
    Did you take some time to read any reviews of that particular WR?

If you did you would be aware that he's not considered ready (or nearly so) to be more than a 6th WR. His value may lie in some potential (with straight line speed?) I really wonder ...to return kicks.

Do you as the Packer GM invest your 5th Rd. pick on that guy?

I felt that TT had plenty more and far better options.

and I'm also softening to that pick.....................somewhat. Of course I want this WR prospect to do great in TC.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-01-2016 at 12:04 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Did you take some time to read any reviews of that particular WR?

If you did you would be aware that he's not considered ready (or nearly so) to be more than a 6th WR. His value may lie in some potential (with straight line speed?) I really wonder ...to return kicks.

Do you as the Packer GM invest your 5th Rd. pick on that guy?

I felt that TT had plenty more and far better options.

and I'm also softening to that pick.....................somewhat. Of course I want this WR prospect to do great in TC.
    Me? A GM? I'm the last person qualified for that job and I suspect the rest of us here are equally qualified.

I usually do not pay much attention to the "experts" reviews on these young players because often they are wrong. I remember back in 2008 there were many who thought Brian Brohm was gonna push Aaron Rodgers for the starting job! I found the speed of the WR Ted took intriguing. Didn't we all bemoan the lack of speed in our WR corps last year with Jordy gone and Janis so green? I don't find using a 5th rounder on a kid like Davis a huge investment. He might be the next Donald Driver. Ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Me? A GM? I'm the last person qualified for that job and I suspect the rest of us here are equally qualified.

I usually do not pay much attention to the "experts" reviews on these young players because often they are wrong. I remember back in 2008 there were many who thought Brian Brohm was gonna push Aaron Rodgers for the starting job! I found the speed of the WR Ted took intriguing. Didn't we all bemoan the lack of speed in our WR corps last year with Jordy gone and Janis so green? I don't find using a 5th rounder on a kid like Davis a huge investment. He might be the next Donald Driver. Ya never know.
    I've spent more time checking out TT's 5th Round pick WR and Kick Returner Trevor Davis .

I now feel better about his decision to go with that young man.

I do feel he's a Myles White sized guy who is light for the NFL. His athleticism and speed may very well counter that disadvantage.

I'm very interested in how Trevor Davis turns out Pugger.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau