Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
I deny it because without Rodgers the Brett situation, draft position, draft picks and free agents all play out differently.

You can't change one variable and pretend everything else stays the same.
You can also sign a lot more FAs when the QB isn't making $22 million per year.
And your basic claim, that he doesn't use all available avenues is demonstrably untrue.
Short answer: I deny it, yes.
Year after year we gave chances to unrestricted free agent and how many have we signed in the past five years before this year ? Those are the pure facts.
I'd hire you as a salesman in a second because your reasoning of using AROD's salary and linking it to our inability to sign free agents is a very effective way of shifting the focus when asked a question you don't want to address. We don't sign free agency because right or wrong, TT feels our chances are better to not take the short term risk/reward of free agency and instead believes in is ability to wins Super Bowls through the draft. Trades ? I'm sure there are some minor ones I forgot..maybe. I recall Ryan Grant. I recall Matthews about 7-8 years ago. I don't recall much else. TT is fine; he's an above average GM; but there is several I"d rather have and I wish he'd utilize other avenues better.