Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Week 4 Other Games Thread

I will be the first to admit I did not see the Rams being this good. I have been saying to anyone who would listen that the Texans are the sleeper AFC super bowl pick. That D is nasty and Deshaun Watson is going to be a good enough player to get it done. Who saw the Rams at 4-0, though, even with Ol' best-DC-in-the-nfl Wade running the ship?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    That was an ugly looking injury. I heard that it's a complete ACL tear. I know he plays for the Vikes, but you hate to see that. The replay made me cringe.
    Yea, that was bad. There are so many ways for players to get hurt with contact, that we forget that even something that appears like a normal cut can put more than enough stress on a joint to tear something loose. The pain must have been terrible, since not only did he drop to the ground, but he dropped the ball like it was of no importance.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Marty Schottenheimer is suffering from Alzheimers disease. Diagnosed a couple of years ago.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...126264229.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

What a beautiful Fake Handoff to the RB by Alex Smith on that last KC TD !

Everyone looked fooled on that one.

Is Alex Smith looking better than he ever has this Season?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Marty Schottenheimer is suffering from Alzheimers disease. Diagnosed a couple of years ago.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...126264229.html
    That's sad news....an ugly disease.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

From the world of miraculous back door covers. Tonight. KC was -7, over/under 48.5. The score is 20-17 KC, with 40 seconds left. Redskins tie it. KC takes lead again 23-20 with 4 seconds left. Redskins run one play from their own 25, and try lateral craziness that ends up being fumbled and recovered by KC for a TD. 29-20 final. KC and the over covered.

Now that was a great game. KC is legit. So much speed!

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Now that was a great game. KC is legit. So much speed!
    It's the Zombo effect.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    From the world of miraculous back door covers. Tonight. KC was -7, over/under 48.5. The score is 20-17 KC, with 40 seconds left. Redskins tie it. KC takes lead again 23-20 with 4 seconds left. Redskins run one play from their own 25, and try lateral craziness that ends up being fumbled and recovered by KC for a TD. 29-20 final. KC and the over covered.
    Great Moments in Gambling History.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Great Moments in Gambling History.

Sounds like a weekly thread.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The NFL needs to get Steve Sabol to do the voice-over on this.

Cue images of shabbily dressed men smoking cigars and clutching cell phones, staring at Bovada apps, their warm breaths swirling into the frozen air as they frantically place their bets on the heavily-favored Cowboys. "In the distance, a lone and seemingly lonely Packer fan hesitates, his begloved index finger hovering over the "send" button as he contemplates the over/under on Sunday's game..."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

^

"... they will need toilet paper soon, and probably some lunch bags for the kids. And there is the small matter of a mortgage payment already delayed. But the fan is certain the Cowboys are preening sociopaths, smelling their own farts in the locker room and ripe for being picked off even at home..."

We've been watching NFL films for far, far too long, PB.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Patriots ran hot and cold tonight. Bucs WRs dropped so many balls. Some were Winston's fault, but the WR were at fault for more than one. Nick Folk is likely on the street tomorrow, he was awful.

Lastly, Romo is really good. You really get a feel for how well a pro QB knows what is going on on the field. Another thing I noticed is when he refers to his playing days he simply says 'the team' or 'my team' instead of dropping 'The Cowboys' in there at every opportunity. Small thing, but noticeable.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

NE is fortunate the Bucs stink offensively or they'd be 2-3 right now.

I think Steve Sabol died 5 years back or so... ☹

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I think Steve Sabol died 5 years back or so... ☹
    Maybe Frank Caliendo can step in.

KYPack