Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Vikings Week I Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I would sit Montgomery for the next 14 games.
    No, we should use Ty as our change of pace back and let him give Jones a breather.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't see a letdown. Packers lost there last year and I'm sure they haven't forgotten it. I do see a tough game though because they're facing a desperate opponent. If the Vikings lose, they'll be down 2 games to the Packers with a game yet to be played at Lambeau. Vikings have already lost at home to the Lions. They can hardly afford another home division loss. This is pretty much a must-win situation for them, and they'll play like it.
    This all seems like the perfect setup for one of those games in which the Vikes come out flying around and hitting, crisp and sharp, and the Packers look lost and dazed. Vikes pile up points, Packer fans swear and throw beer cans at the TV, the word "Fat" appears with increasing frequency in front of the word "Mike," and by halftime the Packers have a measly field goal and we're all wondering WTF.

What happens in the second half, I do not know.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This all seems like the perfect setup for one of those games in which the Vikes come out flying around and hitting, crisp and sharp, and the Packers look lost and dazed. Vikes pile up points, Packer fans swear and throw beer cans at the TV, the word "Fat" appears with increasing frequency in front of the word "Mike," and by halftime the Packers have a measly field goal and we're all wondering WTF.

Sounds like the game day thread from last week against Dallas.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    No, we should use Ty as our change of pace back and let him give Jones a breather.
    Ya, but question is when do they bring him back? Wait till he is fully healed? Broken ribs take a couple months.

I think Montgomery's injury is a bigger loss than is appreciated. You really need to healthy backs who can produce every game.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    He can't block...I would rather have Rip back there.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Most of the country sees the game. Thom Brennaman and Troy Aikman with the call. Buck must be doing baseball.

I noticed in Michigan LP gets the Lions/Saints (Green) and UP gets the Packers. Is that always the case?

Finally, the Sunday Ticket pays off!!

This game plan is 4-1. What are you worrying about?

#BearsGamesDontCount
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Gonna be another week for the King I believe.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Ty Montgomery said he took some hits on his ribs in practice and "felt fine." He said it made him "feel comfortable" that he was able to absorb some hits while playing with a protective flack jacket seen here under his jersey at today's practice.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This game plan is 4-1. What are you worrying about?

#BearsGamesDontCount
    I'm just giving a little historical context. This is often how Packer-Viking games open in their stadia. Stadiia?

I'm not fretting. I'm just steeling myself.

Stefon Diggs not practicing? What?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein Oct 12
    McCarthy on Rollins: He's battling through some things. He's been in and out of games medically. I know gave up TD, but actually played well

ITS NOT THE GOOD PLAYS WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein Oct 12
    McCarthy on Rollins: He's battling through some things. He's been in and out of games medically. I know gave up TD, but actually played well

ITS NOT THE GOOD PLAYS WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT
    LOL. That reminds me of Corey Kluber. "I only threw two bad pitches."
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The JSO article on Rollins today was interesting. I always assumed that what he lacks in straight line speed he makes up for in quickness or agility. The JSO writer suggests he is deficient in both speed and quickness. If that is the case, what was he drafted on???

This is the question that Thompson must be asking himself.

KYPack

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Diggs is out as is Bradford for the Vikes.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

This is the question that Thompson must be asking himself.
    I think they are pointing to the ankle as the culprit. He does normally look quick.

Adam Schefter
    49ers shopping LB NaVorro Bowman, and there are teams interested, sources tell ESPN. His time in SF soon could come to an end.

Adam Schefter
    49ers shopping LB NaVorro Bowman, and there are teams interested, sources tell ESPN. His time in SF soon could come to an end.
    Is he an inside linebacker? How old is He? Can he rush the passer?

KYPack

I'm just giving a little historical context. This is often how Packer-Viking games open in their stadia. Stadiia?

I'm not fretting. I'm just steeling myself.

Stefon Diggs not practicing? What?
    They need Stefon Diggs in a big way.

This is going to say a lot about who is NO. 1 this Season and the NFCN...a huge game !

Take away the 3 Points awarded to a home team in a close matchup and set at now Green Bay -3.5 this is going to be according to Vegas a close game.

I am going Packers here but last night I screwed up and going Carolina when my GUTS screamed Pick the Eagles!

Sometimes I really wonder what happened to NFL so deemed EXPERTS and GUTS !?

Too often Guts trump Experts; when you can bet small for a moderate to large gain do it when your guts say go for it.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Adam Schefter
    Isn't he ancient and crippled to boot? Well, TT already signed Ahmed Brooks so I suppose there is precedent for getting Bowman. If only Patrick Willis could be lured out of retirement, they would then have a good chance of going back and winning that 2014-15 NFCCG in Seattle.