View Poll Results: 3 year extension with new salaries in Top 10 of coaches. What does he need to do to earn it?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make 500

0 0%
  • Beat 500

1 4.00%
  • Winning record, but one and done playoff.

3 12.00%
  • Deep playoff run

18 72.00%
  • Super Bowl

3 12.00%

Thread: What Does McCarthy Have to Do Next Year to Get A Contract Extension?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I need to see some initiative of change on his part offensively. Watching the playoffs this year, I kept telling my wife, the biggest difference I see with these teams is some kind of creativity on offense. We have none. That, or the plays that mccarthy probably thinks are creative are just stupid. Other offenses made sense also. You'd see plays made off of other plays, and actions based off of other actions. You rarely see that in our offense. You see crossing patterns, and guys using other guys in "picks" to get open. When we run it, we get flagged, which is also coaching. I'ver personally never been a fan of mccarthy, so I wouldn't care if he left.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    I need to see some initiative of change on his part offensively. Watching the playoffs this year, I kept telling my wife, the biggest difference I see with these teams is some kind of creativity on offense. We have none. That, or the plays that mccarthy probably thinks are creative are just stupid. Other offenses made sense also. You'd see plays made off of other plays, and actions based off of other actions. You rarely see that in our offense. You see crossing patterns, and guys using other guys in "picks" to get open. When we run it, we get flagged, which is also coaching. I'ver personally never been a fan of mccarthy, so I wouldn't care if he left.
    Yes yes and yes

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    When our receivers get covered it doesn't look as if the defensive backs are physically gifted. It looks as if they know the route tree better than the receivers.

Snap after snap the receivers are freaking blanketed.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    When our receivers get covered it doesn't look as if the defensive backs are physically gifted. It looks as if they know the route tree better than the receivers.

Snap after snap the receivers are freaking blanketed.
    This is my frustration. I would watch our games and guys for the other teams would be running free. I get our defense was laughable, but really? Then on the flip side, it looked like the other team was running our scheme for us, because nobody was open. Rodgers had to make perfect passes because nobody is open, and not to act like Hundley's savior, but Hundley isn't Rodgers. I'm willing to bet, you give Hundley a scheme where the WR's got open, you'd see better results.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh