Thread: Packers 2015 Offseason News and Notes non Draft non FA Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How far down the field the ball was thrown for the catch. Its passing yardage minus YAC.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    How far down the field the ball was thrown for the catch. Its passing yardage minus YAC.
    Then what is the "Minus Needs" part of it?

I thought it was air yards gained minus yards needed on third down, showing that Rodgers throws for 3+ more yards than he needs, on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Then what is the "Minus Needs" part of it?

I thought it was air yards gained minus yards needed on third down, showing that Rodgers throws for 3+ more yards than he needs, on average.
    Sorry, I only defined the first part. Air Yards is yards passing minus YAC.

Minus needs is taking distance for a first down (possibly distance to score near goal line-but unsure as I haven't read all the details) and subtracting it from the throw. And yes, this is only third down.

I am not sure it tells you much about Rodgers versus Manning, but it does tell you that Alex Smith is very trusting of his receivers to get YAC for a first.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Sorry, I only defined the first part. Air Yards is yards passing minus YAC.

Minus needs is taking distance for a first down (possibly distance to score near goal line-but unsure as I haven't read all the details) and subtracting it from the throw. And yes, this is only third down.

I am not sure it tells you much about Rodgers versus Manning, but it does tell you that Alex Smith is very trusting of his receivers to get YAC for a first.
    Probably why he's considered a dink and dunk QB. The one thing Smith has going for him though is his mobility. I wonder what his stats are for scrambling first downs. He doesn't run a lot, but it seems to be effective (much like Rodgers).
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

but it does tell you that Alex Smith is very trusting of his receivers to get YAC for a first.
    Ya, you'd go with that...if you were his agent!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...