Here are my thoughts on the game and the season:

1. Jeff Janis played ahead of Ty Davis - he's passed somebody on the depth chart! Hooray!

2. The announcers - was it Boomer Esiason? And Deion Sanders, too - kept slathering over Rodgers and blaming the wide receivers. Nobody's open, they said. Look at the replays. Well, when I looked at them, sure, I didn't see anyone standing alone. But I saw receivers with a step on defenders. And didn't everybody used to worship at Rodgers's feet for "throwing guys open"? I distinctly remember that as one the the traits that made him so good. But now it's the receivers' fault. I don't get it. Rodgers still can move around the pocket, better than anyone. But all this back-foot throwing - he's missing lots of passes, and what a bunch of pussy announcers for continuing to nibble and lick at Rodgers's berries. He missed Adams twice, missed Cobb twice, I think, and on that 44 yard pass intereference, a well-thrown ball would've meant a touchdown. In other words, the stuff Rodgers used to do, he isn't doing - at least as far as his accuracy. I think, as I said elsewhere, that he's lost confidence in his ability to fire a strike into a narrow window.

3. I was one of the many Packerrats complaining bitterly when Sitton was cut. But Sitton missed the game, and nobody's talking about Lane Taylor - which means he's doing just fine. Let's all eat some crow here. Speaking of eating crow...

4. Bretsky? How 'bout that Fresno Fraud???

5. Okay, lots of bitching about Thompson not having running back depth. Okay. Really? Nobody has running back depth after the top two go down. And that running back depth we wanted? That was supposed to be a third-down, guy-out-of-the-backfield-who-can-catch guy. So even if the Packers had that guy, he would be as useless as a bronze tit on first and second down. So let's be realistic about how much Ted's at fault here. Who - realistically - was he supposed to have ready?

6. The Bears still suck.