Thread: NFL Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm kinda hoping the Packers can sign Xavier McKinney from the Giants. He would be a step upward IMO from Savage. The total money might be more, but likely, you could fix it so the cap hit is no worse.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm kinda hoping the Packers can sign Xavier McKinney from the Giants. He would be a step upward IMO from Savage. The total money might be more, but likely, you could fix it so the cap hit is no worse.

Xavier McKinney comments on potentially signing with Packers in free agency

If the Packers make a deal with McKinney, they can give an assist to Kay Adams. On a recent episode of Up & Adams, she brought up the possibility of McKinney reuniting with former defensive backs coach Derrick Ansley in Green Bay.
    McKinney said that he was "intrigued" when he heard the news of the Packers hiring Ansley.
    "I didn't know that he was there. I thought he was still with the Chargers," said McKinney. "So when I heard that news, I was kind of intrigued a little bit."
    Ansley was the lead recruiter and defensive backs coach at Alabama during McKinney's time there. The Packers hired Ansley as their new defensive pass game coordinator this offseason, having spent last year as the Los Angeles Chargers' defensive coordinator.
    Reuniting McKinney with Ansley makes a lot of sense, and the former second-round pick could play various roles in Jeff Hafley's defense.
    "I'm very versatile," said McKinney. "I've proven I can play the deep part of the field. I can play half the field, quarters coverage, I can blitz. I'm able to play man to man, I'm able to play zone, I can play in the slot."