Thread: More Banjo: Week 6 @ Minnesota

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I get that the NFL is, "next level" but I really don't understand all of the injuries. I watch a lot of college football and see guys continuously take poundings and just as big of hits without getting hurt. Though not all of them are elite athletes there are plenty of college players who are just as big, fast, and strong who become NFL players. I don't know if it's from lack of contact or what but it seems like as soon as guys get to the NFL they get hurt tripping over a blade of grass.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I get that the NFL is, "next level" but I really don't understand all of the injuries. I watch a lot of college football and see guys continuously take poundings and just as big of hits without getting hurt. Though not all of them are elite athletes there are plenty of college players who are just as big, fast, and strong who become NFL players. I don't know if it's from lack of contact or what but it seems like as soon as guys get to the NFL they get hurt tripping over a blade of grass.
    The new NFL makes players more vulnerable to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I suspect it is a lack of contact/padded practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I suspect it is a lack of contact/padded practices.
    They have been doing away with padded practices and contact since Bill Walsh became a head coach.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.