Thread: GET HARD!!!! 2016 NFL DRAFT TODAY!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I don't dislike the pick
    I disliked the job our GM did

Seattle trades down 5 picks and gets a 3rd round pick. GB makes that deal and good chance they get the same player, or one very similar.
    KC trades down 7 picks and picks up an extra 4th and 6th. He might have been there too.

Those picks could have been very valuable in moving back into round two if need be

In the end, it will be interested to see if Kenny Clark has a better career than both NFL ready DL'man from Alabama, expecially Robinsin. And is his career better than a 3rd round draft pick and one of those players better ?
    Do the DLs from Alabama fit the NT position/the Packers scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Do the DLs from Alabama fit the NT position/the Packers scheme?
    Reed is a great run plugger with little pass rush ability. Robinson has questions about his motor.

Going deeper, it's a good group, but there were minor questions about all these guys. Nkemdiche has questions about his motor also. I think Billings is more of a 4-3 DT than 3-4 DE or NT. Rankins and Bullard are better fits in a 4-3. Austin Johnson had the worst measurables of the group.

That's probably why Clark was more appealing. TT and MM seem to be emphasizing the pass rush more and more as the years go by, so I think it probably came down to Clark vs. Butler. I had Butler slightly higher overall, very slightly. I had Clark higher in the effort and toughness category. The overall measurables were about the same. I had Butler as a bit better as a run defender. Clark with a bit more potential as a pass rusher.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson