Thread: An Attempt At Discussing McCarthy's Future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Coaches who consistently get to the playoffs lose their jobs usually only when relationships break down between the coach and either the GM/front office or owners. When the working relationship breaks down, you have to move on, because things can turn sour very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Coaches who consistently get to the playoffs lose their jobs usually only when relationships break down between the coach and either the GM/front office or owners. When the working relationship breaks down, you have to move on, because things can turn sour very quickly.
    Just ask Jim Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    This post make sense; in the seas of posts after the Chokinship game. I'm a known Stubby basher...and for the best reason but you can't fire McCarthy and that's because of this working relationship. I don't wan't the Packers of the '70ties and '80ties (though I did become a Packer in '89) but that's not the case here. 2 HOF QBs for nearly 25 years...I'd want to be compared to other dynasties, so comparing this Packers era to another 25 years of failure is plainly a wrong comparison. You can only compare these last 25 years with other franchises that has been blessed in a similar manner...and that's where Stubby fails. Tough but it's part of winning sports. It is McStubby that has been spoiled with talent along with the prior head coaches called Mike. This Packers era is no dynasty. Those coaches apparently just doesn't have 'IT'...except for Holmgren yet it still grew to his head - so there's that.

Lastly, blaming Bostick is ridiculous. Coaching not to lose is the culprit and keeping your no good "buddies" on your coaching staff is also. Bostick took responsibilty...what did Stubby do? Nothing.

So I expect those kind of choking games from the above but damn it...he [almost] had me at halftime then Stubby prophetically blew it. He's no Patton, that's for sure.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.