Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
If he makes our OL stronger, and I think he does, I'm fine with the pick. With two trade ups that occured after we picked, I still wonder why we didn't trade down though.

SIDENOTE; I really don't want to offer up our 3rd/4th round picks to trade up. I think the draft is prettty deep this year. Stay the course, unless somebody really offers a lot to move up a bit with GB.
My guess is he was concerned about there being a run on OT's so didn't want to trade down and miss out.

Gutekunst said he had multiple options to trade back from No. 25, both to later in the first round and out of it entirely, and that he realized early in the night that he wouldn’t trade up because several players the Packers identified as trade-up targets didn’t fall far enough. With Morgan still available and where the Packers would’ve traded back to, Gutekunst didn’t feel comfortable retreating and instead grabbed his guy, sticking with one first-round pick at his original spot for only the second time in seven drafts as general manager.