Thread: NFL Draft Day 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Murphy is a good player. Has an injury, but I had him projected as a 4th round pick. Just didn't think they'd double dip at OT. Perhaps TT envisions one of these guys kicking inside to OG. The depth at OL could be stellar now.

Murphy was my 12th rated OT. Fits a zone scheme very well. Productive.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Murphy is a good player. Has an injury, but I had him projected as a 4th round pick. Just didn't think they'd double dip at OT. Perhaps TT envisions one of these guys kicking inside to OG. The depth at OL could be stellar now.

We've seen a couple times when TT prepares for a departure or two. Probably a good idea to get replacement in a year ahead
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar

Spriggs is a lock of course, but if a guy like Murphy can come in and compete for a roster spot and wins it, the depth is better than Barclay and Walker, which is a huge plus given what happened with the starting tackles last year.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Could these guys play inside? Both are 6'6", seems kind of tall. Sitton/Lang at 6'3" and 6'4"
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Could these guys play inside? Both are 6'6", seems kind of tall. Sitton/Lang at 6'3" and 6'4"
    Gutekunst said Spriggs bends well so he thought his height would not prevent him from playing inside. Still, TT didn't trade away 2 picks to move up in the 2nd round to draft a guy to play Guard.

CBS did mention this about Murphy:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...43/kyle-murphy

He is very effective, on the other hand, as a drive blocker, showing surprising flexibility to get under the pads of opponents and impressive leg drive to consistently move the pile.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a look at Guard.

Award for the worst draft this year has to be Dallas. I can only assume their illustrius GM (JJ is still the official GM, right?) exerted his authority and did just what he pleased.

RB in top 5? Medical redshirt in 2nd? Collins? Dunno. Prescott is interesting at least, I wonder what Romo will say to him regarding his Twitter tirade a while back...

Dak Prescott
    ‏@15_DakP
    No! He doesn't finish & None of those INTs were Bc of the O-line. #noexcuses

Nah Jacey!! You're suppose to Throw it over the guys head. That was the most embarrassing one of them all. #stoptakingupforhim

lol!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...