Thread: BOB McGINN'S FAMOUS MOCK DRAFT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if I agree, but the article premise is GB is so f'cked at CB they have to get one in round one....partly...due to the failure a couple years ago in those two CB's
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Not sure if I agree, but the article premise is GB is so f'cked at CB they have to get one in round one....partly...due to the failure a couple years ago in those two CB's
    When Gunter is the guy you have to match up against J Jones and Dez, CB is a fucking big need. The reason he was in there was that Rollins wasn't healthy (or fast) enough and Randall can't extract his head out of his anus long enough to play corner. We rag on McGinn here often due to his dumb articles, but he nailed the CB situation.

I'd love Randall to actually learn the position properly, but they still could use an additional CB, as none of the rest give me that much confidence on the outside. They couldn't even slow Atlanta down a little last year. No stud CB from the draft, and you might as well look to 2018.

I know some of you say that a better pass rush will solve the problem, but I don't think so. At best a super stud rusher would add an additional 1 sack and 1 hurry per game. That is not enough to make up for a CB that can easily be burned. I'm totally in favor of improving the pass rush, and that will help everything in the back end, but it can't make up for a glaring, well documented, hole.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    When Gunter is the guy you have to match up against J Jones and Dez, CB is a fucking big need. The reason he was in there was that Rollins wasn't healthy (or fast) enough and Randall can't extract his head out of his anus long enough to play corner. We rag on McGinn here often due to his dumb articles, but he nailed the CB situation.

I'd love Randall to actually learn the position properly, but they still could use an additional CB, as none of the rest give me that much confidence on the outside. They couldn't even slow Atlanta down a little last year. No stud CB from the draft, and you might as well look to 2018.

I know some of you say that a better pass rush will solve the problem, but I don't think so. At best a super stud rusher would add an additional 1 sack and 1 hurry per game. That is not enough to make up for a CB that can easily be burned. I'm totally in favor of improving the pass rush, and that will help everything in the back end, but it can't make up for a glaring, well documented, hole.
    +1
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers