Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Never said you can fix everything in the draft. Pretty sure if you reread my posts I'm talking about utilizing ALL avenues to improve this team. Some of y'all want it ALL done via FA. Once more, the good teams don't do it that way. From a fan base who is used to sitting idle during this time, you'd think there'd be a party for 3 non packer free agent signings. Has everybody forgotten about the FA period after the draft? You can make your team better then as well.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Never said you can fix everything in the draft. Pretty sure if you reread my posts I'm talking about utilizing ALL avenues to improve this team. Some of y'all want it ALL done via FA. Once more, the good teams don't do it that way. From a fan base who is used to sitting idle during this time, you'd think there'd be a party for 3 non packer free agent signings. Has everybody forgotten about the FA period after the draft? You can make your team better then as well.
    Name one member of this forum that has said they want it all done Via FA. I nor anyone else tht I can recall has said FA ids the only way.

didn't say you did, sorry. it wasn't really directed at you. i was just addressing the guard position you mentioned. i agree that all avenues need to utilized. we weren't that far off and on D that a couple of positions could have taken care of in FA. had they been the draft could be a little more diversified but as the D wasn't addressed the draft will have to be more focused.

I think most of the frustration comes from the fact that TT doesn't fill defensive positions of need that he and the organization have proven to be completely inept at evaluating, drafting, and developing.

The problem with this team is, and always will be, defense. Signing some competent defenders that would fill holes would go a long way toward getting us to another SB, but Ted simply won't admit that he hasn't a clue how to build a defense.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I think most of the frustration comes from the fact that TT doesn't fill defensive positions of need that he and the organization have proven to be completely inept at evaluating, drafting, and developing.

The problem with this team is, and always will be, defense. Signing some competent defenders that would fill holes would go a long way toward getting us to another SB, but Ted simply won't admit that he hasn't a clue how to build a defense.
    Just from this last draft, Kenny Clark doesn't count? From the draft before, Rollins and Randall? From before that HHCD? It seems to me that the top pick or two usually addresses a need that year or one that will be coming up soon. I for one don't lament the pick of Jordy Nelson though it wasn't a need at the time.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

I actually agree with this. They get guys who seem to flash a lot of potential but rarely does a guy stick long term. It's not for a lack of trying though. I don't have hard numbers, but it seems like the O draft picks pan out at a much higher rate than the D draft picks.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I actually agree with this. They get guys who seem to flash a lot of potential but rarely does a guy stick long term. It's not for a lack of trying though. I don't have hard numbers, but it seems like the O draft picks pan out at a much higher rate than the D draft picks.
    It does seem like his defensive picks hit less than his offensive ones. And the guys that don't like TT will tell us that's more reason to bring in defensive FAs. However that deters from the develop part of draft and develop system. And when draft and develop is your forte, it seems prohibitive to bring in those players.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!