View Poll Results: Who will Rodgers Play For In 2023?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

10 33.33%
  • Raiders

4 13.33%
  • Jets

10 33.33%
  • Panthers

0 0%
  • Titans

2 6.67%
  • Dolphins

0 0%
  • Colts

0 0%
  • Bucs

0 0%
  • Other

2 6.67%
  • He Won't Play

2 6.67%
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I have wondered if Arod, who is not a dumb guy, has been "helping" the Jets negotiate. Surely he'd have known that the "90% sure" he was going to retire thing would lower his trade value, as it indicated he's more likely to be one-and-done than he is to play two or more years.

You are actually wondering ?

I think the shitbag absolutely knows what he's doing.

It would almost be funny if Gutebag struck back with some Dirty Pool right back at Karen.

Trade him for a bag of shit to the worst team in the NFL who will take him. Let AROD retire. That'd be maybe our best "cap" scenario.

I am not a Gutebag fan; to be honest I still don't know what I think of his overall work. But I respect the fact he's not bending over right now for the JETS, who had compensation parameters but now have welched out of that deal.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I 100% agree you don't give/throw him away for nothing, but determining his value is tricky in part because of age, contract, and most recent performance.
    What is his value?

What is the value of a 39 year old QB who has been considering retirement the past 2-3 offseasons, has just come off his worst season as a starter, and has a $60M bonus payable before the 1st week of the season?
    What is the value of a 4-time MVP QB?

You could argue the MVPs are past performance, not current value. It's possible it could approach future value, but what are the odds? Who was the last 39 year old to win MVP?

I think in a vacuum his talent and performance warrant more than a couple of Day 2 picks. His age and contract tell otherwise. That dumbass contract screws everyone in this situation IMO (except maybe Rodgers and his agent).
    As I have argued in tax court against IRS lawyers, value is what you can get. Doesn’t matter if it is $1 or $1,000,000.

Obviously, it’s taking a while but eventually it will get done. But as we both agree, you don’t let him go for nothing.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

If rodgers is working behind the scenes with the jets, is this considered tampering?

Or is it anything goes because we have the jets permission to go talk to him

He’s still a packer, if he’s actively working to lower his trade value then maybe the team should file tampering changes with the league

Would be funny if the jets get stripped of multiple first round picks, and don’t even get rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I could not disagree with you more on this one Bretsky. I think the Packers owe it to him to let him play where he wants. Ideally they just cut him outright. Consider it a past good deeds thing.

The Packers signed ARod to a contract and don't want to honor it. They are choosing to move on. Don't disrespect the guy further.

Realistically they should just do the deal with Jets and take a 2nd which is a pretty good deal IMO.
    He signed the deal and the packers have no obligation to him other than to let him play it out in GB if nothin else.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    He made market rate money - if not less. He certainly would have made more as a FA. I don't like the argument that he made crazy money. It seems sort of silly to me. I don't see how it's relevant!

The Packers can't cut him - I agree - and Rodgers likely doesn't want to be cut anyway since he has such a phat deal and wouldn't get it again.

The point is the Packers signed him to a contract and Rodgers was willing to honor that - the Packers are not. As such, they should do right by the player IMO. We can agree to disagree.
    We know nothing of what each side has said to each other. I suspect this deal was signed with the idea that if either side wanted to move on they would agree to work together to make it equitable for both. But I don't know that anymore than you do for certain.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post

I think in a vacuum his talent and performance warrant more than a couple of Day 2 picks. His age and contract tell otherwise. That dumbass contract screws everyone in this situation IMO (except maybe Rodgers and his agent).
    Is that what you woulda been saying after either of the previous two seasons? Or after last season if not for the injury as well as the receivers situation? The whole bunch of ya'all haters in here seems to be blinded to that stuff. Outside of this forum, people don't seem to be that damn dumb. Probably the Jets are not. Hopefully LaFleur, Gutekunst, etc. are not.

I'm really really hoping both sides stand firm, and no trade happens. Would Rodgers then retire? I very much doubt it.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What both sides have to lose hahahaha .......

For the Jets, it's the difference between being a Super Bowl contender, one of the best teams in the NFL with Rodgers, and in the abyss - again - without him.

For the Packers, if by some miracle, Rodgers comes back and plays as well as anybody with a brain expects he can/will, they are at or very close to the absolute top of the NFL. If he is gone, no amount of high draft picks are gonna prevent them from falling to near the bottom of the league for who knows how many years without him.

So making the trade happen means everything to the Jets and nothing to the Packers - before the draft or after, before June or after, that's just the way it is.
    This is the post that says it all: for you, whoever has Rodgers (Jets or Packers) is going to be great. Whoever doesn't have him is going to suck.

So if you turn out to be wrong, this is the post I'll bump. If you're right, you can bump it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Yeah, feel free to do that. I definitely will be doing that and rubbing it in to all of ya'all when it turns out to be true. That's pretty much why I wrote it.

For the record, though, I didn't say "suck". I said "be mediocre" - they might win 6-8 games without him, the Packers I mean. The Jets without him will continue to suck.

Yeah, feel free to do that. I definitely will be doing that and rubbing it in to all of ya'all when it turns out to be true. That's pretty much why I wrote it.

For the record, though, I didn't say "suck". I said "be mediocre" - they might win 6-8 games without him, the Packers I mean. The Jets without him will continue to suck.
    For me, in a seventeen-game regular season, eight or nine wins is mediocre. Six is definately suckage. Seven is, in my mind, pretty sucky, too.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Rodgers arriving in snowy Green Bay for offseason workouts. Maybe Tex was right!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1648036237389754386
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rodgers arriving in snowy Green Bay for offseason workouts. Maybe Tex was right!

Funny!
    He never shows up for these, not about to start now.
    They'd send him home anyway, can't risk him getting hurt pre-trade.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    If rodgers is working behind the scenes with the jets, is this considered tampering?

Or is it anything goes because we have the jets permission to go talk to him

He’s still a packer, if he’s actively working to lower his trade value then maybe the team should file tampering changes with the league

Would be funny if the jets get stripped of multiple first round picks, and don’t even get rodgers
    There is a rumor -- I hesitate mentioning it -- that Rodgers has told the Jets to hold firm on their side for trade comp. I'm starting to think Rodgers and Gute don't like each other.
    Honestly I think it will get done on draft day. No big rush until then.

Good News if true. A wife beater shirt, and sunny sky with snow falling ...... I'm no expert on photoshopping, but that seems a little suspicious.

Good News if true. A wife beater shirt, and sunny sky with snow falling ...... I'm no expert on photoshopping, but that seems a little suspicious.
    God damn media pukes.

Blog Entries

They only win 8 with him. So sounds about the same then
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...e28f25f14&ei=7

Perhaps Tennessee gets into the mix ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...e28f25f14&ei=7

Perhaps Tennessee gets into the mix ?
    Still think 49ers are more likely. Purdy says he doesn't know if he will play this year.

Blog Entries
    Still think 49ers are more likely. Purdy says he doesn't know if he will play this year.

How many years does Aiyuk have on his current contract ? He could be a piece to the deal

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    How many years does Aiyuk have on his current contract ? He could be a piece to the deal
    He's in the last year of his contract.

that would be awesome to ship him to one of those 2 teams after the jets changed their offer

i'd say if one of those two offers the same shit deal that the jets are offering, then i say we send him to one of those 2

even if its in the nfc to the 49ers, i don't care