Thread: Vic Ketchmab calls a spade a spade with fans who live in fantasy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He gets some blame for the defense first of all. He's not Assistant Head Coach for Offense.

But mainly he gets the blame for playing for late leads with FGs too often. Far too often he bleeds the clock, gets a FG and sees the opponent march in TD territory. It cannot be news to him that his Defense is capable of folding under those circumstances. Even if Ted and Dom have betrayed Mike the Offensive Playcaller, his job as McCarthy the Head Coach is to take that into account.
    I'm gonna stop because we're going in circles. Once again, your premise is wrong.

You don't blame success. The fact that you're defining success as finishing a game farther ahead in the score than you went into the 4th quarter doesn't make that definition hold for the rest of the universe. They count wins - not 4th quarter wins.

I can only state the reality that he's the single most effective coach/play-caller at successfully finishing games with a 4th quarter lead so many times before recognizing that you're deadset on ignoring that fact in order to maintain a position of second-guessing him by ignoring half of the risk/reward equation in your hypothetical scenarios and steadfastly arguing about why he's a failure in the very area in which he in fact has achieved the greatest success in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'm gonna stop because we're going in circles. Once again, your premise is wrong.

You don't blame success. The fact that you're defining success as finishing a game farther ahead in the score than you went into the 4th quarter doesn't make that definition hold for the rest of the universe.

I can only state the reality that he's the single most effective coach/play-caller at successfully finishing games with a 4th quarter lead so many times before recognizing that you're deadset on ignoring that fact in order to maintain a position of second-guessing him by ignoring half of the risk/reward equation in your hypothetical scenarios and steadfastly arguing about why he's a failure in the very area in which he in fact has achieved the greatest success in the league.
    Blame success? Most success includes some failures along the way. I am looking for ways to improve on that mix. I take it as a given only that improvement can be had. I do not believe I definitely know what should be done. For all I know, I might be barking up the wrong forest.

If its just a fourth quarter lead we are looking at, then the Packers are the 5th best at winning% with a 1 point lead (or more) at the end of the 3rd Quarter.

http://pfref.com/tiny/Tcj46

If I have interpreted your claim wrong, please send the link so I can look at the numbers. One word of caution with Pro Football Reference, while their links go to the right search and data, the search form itself is missing settings. So for instance each link I posted gives data from teams with a lead (or having been behind at one point) but the search form on the page does not indicate it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.