Thread: Bart Starr Article

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am just not sure what the family is getting out of this. At one point, I want to say Harlan was talking to Steve True, radio mentioned that Bart's wife was very protective of him as he aged and did not want him to be embarrassed. It was mentioned before the stroke and after. It seems like that has changed, unless the article is presenting him as more diminished than he actually is.

Compared to earlier reports of his progress with stem cell treatment, this article paints a much bleaker picture.
    I get the sense that Bart wanted to do this before the serious events last year. It seems that Cherry wants this for him, or for the memory to what he was. I think his family might think stepping out onto a field with 70,000+ fans cheering for him will be a good, happy experience for him, even if he is not fully clear why it is happening.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I get the sense that Bart wanted to do this before the serious events last year. It seems that Cherry wants this for him, or for the memory to what he was. I think his family might think stepping out onto a field with 70,000+ fans cheering for him will be a good, happy experience for him, even if he is not fully clear why it is happening.
    That's a good guess. It is entirely possible he spoke to Favre and Murphy well before the stroke and was eager.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.