Thread: More Banjo: Week 6 @ Minnesota

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think most logical Packer fans can agree that Barr's hit was not dirty nor illegal but it was more than likely intentional and it definitely was unnecessary. However I don't think it is any different than the intentionally violent hits that Matthews sometimes lays on opposing players. I sometimes think to myself that was legal but probably unnecessary.

Lost in all this though is the BS that Barr pulled later in the game with the head butt to Adams. That was stupid and dirty. I don't usually say things like this but I was glad he got knocked out the of the game with a concussion. In fact I kind of hope it happened on that head butt...

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/-HHN...eek_6_2017.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
    I think most logical Packer fans can agree that Barr's hit was not dirty nor illegal but it was more than likely intentional and it definitely was unnecessary. However I don't think it is any different than the intentionally violent hits that Matthews sometimes lays on opposing players. I sometimes think to myself that was legal but probably unnecessary.

Lost in all this though is the BS that Barr pulled later in the game with the head butt to Adams. That was stupid and dirty. I don't usually say things like this but I was glad he got knocked out the of the game with a concussion. In fact I kind of hope it happened on that head butt...

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/-HHN...eek_6_2017.gif
    Vikings LBer A. Barr's 'suck move' on Adams was 'a pure Goon Move'.

That's the sorta crap that will drive viewers away from watching the NFL.

That and all of the fricken commercials. Damn that issue (at least with me) pisses me off ! It seems to me that half or more of the approx. 3 hours viewing time for a complete game is Commercials.

I believe that's the Primary Reason that Viewer Ratings are appreciably lower now.

I'm so happy to be a Pro Pickem and Total NFL fan as to sit and try to concentrate on just one game is maddening.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Vikings LBer A. Barr's 'suck move' on Adams was 'a pure Goon Move'.

That's the sorta crap that will drive viewers away from watching the NFL.

That and all of the fricken commercials. Damn that issue (at least with me) pisses me off ! It seems to me that half or more of the approx. 3 hours viewing time for a complete game is Commercials.

I believe that's the Primary Reason that Viewer Ratings are appreciably lower now.

I'm so happy to be a Pro Pickem and Total NFL fan as to sit and try to concentrate on just one game is maddening.
    Hey Ed - you and Mae should consider what Mrs. Q and I do - set the recorder and do some other stuff for about ("aboot"to you ) an hour. Then just hunker down and enjoy the game, essentially commercial free.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Hey Ed - you and Mae should consider what Mrs. Q and I do - set the recorder and do some other stuff for about ("aboot"to you ) an hour. Then just hunker down and enjoy the game, essentially commercial free.
    That is good ( a great tip)......I record every Packer game as too often I am scoreboard watching and watching NFL.Com and flipping TV channels for other games and maybe posting on the Game Thread here on Packerrats.

To sit and watch the broadcast steadily is an example of masochism or at least frustration en extremis.

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau