Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My gut tells me that TT drafts Odell Beckham in the first round. He reminds me of Greg Jennings.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    My gut tells me that TT drafts Odell Beckham in the first round. He reminds me of Greg Jennings.
    More likely than my Manziel prediction from 3 weeks ago when he was the spawn of Satan and dropping.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    If we draft a WR with our 1st pick I hope its Kelvin Benjamin.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    No offense, but fuck this. The guy is athletic and big, but he can't judge a ball in the air nor catch. :/

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    No offense, but fuck this. The guy is athletic and big, but he can't judge a ball in the air nor catch. :/
    After watching that video Zool just posted I disagree, he seems like he can locate the ball just fine. I agree he drops some easy passes but I like how after every drop he came back with a big play. I could be wrong but with his combination of size, strength and speed, I'm willing to gamble he'll be a stud on the right team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    TT won't like 10th ranked WR Kelvin Benjamin (6' - 5" and 240 lbs) as a prospective pick at #21. I predict that he's going to see 4-5 WR's come off the board ahead of him.

[/B]TT has many better options as a BPA on "D" and "WR".

WR prospect Kelvin Benjamin has these negative criticisms;

1. He doesn't run good routes yet. He'll take time to develop for useful gain in the NFL On top of this he runs a 4.61 40 yard dash and he's not strong with 13 rep's - bench.

See talk about a conversion to TE. Looking at film. Will he be a decent blocker? I see him as a project and our 1st Rd. pick needs to produce in 2014.

2. He catches the ball with his body.

3. He blows pass's and is especially weak on low throws (see his height)

4. He needs to get stronger. Bench = 13 reps.

5. Will he be a WR/TE tweener !? Ted Thompson won't consider a tweener in Rd.

It's my view that Kelvin Benjamin won't be TT's first round pick (at #21) in the 2014 draft.

** Better WR Options ** @ Pick #21:

A.) ** WR O'Dell Beckham Jr., LSU ... ( 5 '-11 " and 198 lbs ....size !? ) and a 4.43 40 yard dash.

B.) ** A special athlete: Brandin Cooks, Oregon State (Junior) ... ( 5 '-10 " and 189 lbs = size issue) and a very fast 4.33 40 yard dash and 16 Reps Bench; 36" Vert. and 10' - 0" broad. 6.81 shuttle and 6.76 shuttle.

Others: '

C.)
    Marqise Lee, S. CAL ... ( 6 '- 0 " and 192 lbs. ) ....a 4.52 40 Yards but better height and a 38 inch Vert. . . . . a projected 2nd Rd. pick.

D.) Allen Robinson, Penn State ... SIZE @ 6'-3' and 220 lbs ! ... 4.60 40 yard dash and a Verticle of 39 inches and a 10 ' - 7 " Broad. . . . . . a projected 2nd Rd. pick.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-25-2014 at 11:05 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau