Thread: Look at all the Free Agents making plays for the Broncos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    The focus on Elway's FA moves is burying the lead story here. The story where Elway's coaches got him to the big game then he made a regime change anyways. The FA moves are a symptom of that single bold decision to bring in Kubiak and Phillips who in turn brought brought in their respective toys (Daniels, Ware) as usually happens with a regime change.

There is no reason for the Packers to make such moves with the continuity of MM and Capers. They handpicked their pieces over the course of years. The real question we should be asking is would we benefit from a bold regime change like Denver did?
    Many on the Fox Broncos staff were headed out the door at that point anyway. JDR had spent the week before their loss to the Colts trying to get the Raiders job. Adam Gase as well was trying to land his own promotion elsewhere. Even John Fox was rumored to be interested in the Bears job before the game. There was a lot of concern that the staff just mailed it in for that loss to the Colts.

Word is that Fox was given the opportunity to stay with certain conditions but did not want to do so. His relationship with Elway had been going south and he wanted to get out

It wasn't really a matter of Elway just making a regime change because he felt that was needed. The staff had wandered and winnowed and had grown tired of working under Elway.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Many on the Fox Broncos staff were headed out the door at that point anyway. JDR had spent the week before their loss to the Colts trying to get the Raiders job. Adam Gase as well was trying to land his own promotion elsewhere. Even John Fox was rumored to be interested in the Bears job before the game. There was a lot of concern that the staff just mailed it in for that loss to the Colts.

Word is that Fox was given the opportunity to stay with certain conditions but did not want to do so. His relationship with Elway had been going south and he wanted to get out

It wasn't really a matter of Elway just making a regime change because he felt that was needed. The staff had wandered and winnowed and had grown tired of working under Elway.
    Gase and Del Rio were up for advancement though, did Fox start hunting for a job before the rumors started that Elway wanted to do something else?

I can see Elway saying that without Gase and Del Rio that he wasn't all in on for Fox the following year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Gase and Del Rio were up for advancement though, did Fox start hunting for a job before the rumors started that Elway wanted to do something else?

I can see Elway saying that without Gase and Del Rio that he wasn't all in on for Fox the following year.
    There was a bizarre Glazer report before the Colts playoff game that Fox could become available for one of the open positions if the Broncos lost. That report came out prior to the game, which was strange timing, and came off smelling like Fox (or Elway) leaked something. The main point was that Fox ended up out because he and Elway didn't get along anymore.

Gase ended as Fox's OC in Chicago last year so I don't know how likely it is that he wouldn't have stayed with Fox in Denver. I do think it was a surprise that he didn't get his HC shot a year earlier.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    There was a bizarre Glazer report before the Colts playoff game that Fox could become available for one of the open positions if the Broncos lost. That report came out prior to the game, which was strange timing, and came off smelling like Fox (or Elway) leaked something. The main point was that Fox ended up out because he and Elway didn't get along anymore.

Gase ended as Fox's OC in Chicago last year so I don't know how likely it is that he wouldn't have stayed with Fox in Denver. I do think it was a surprise that he didn't get his HC shot a year earlier.
    Gase spent a long time chasing the 49er job and then they put conditions on it he didn't like and apparently felt he couldn't accept.

I do remember that Glazer report that the coach of a successful team might be open to leaving. I just have this vague sense that there was trouble before that. But I do not remember specifics. I do know most people thought Gase was gone after the two years he put together with Manning.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.