Thread: More Banjo: Week 4 vs. New Orleans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This is an 8-8 team at the end of the season (at best) if Hundley progresses. Before that, the offense is below average so your looking at 4-12 to 6-10.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    This is an 8-8 team at the end of the season (at best) if Hundley progresses. Before that, the offense is below average so your looking at 4-12 to 6-10.
    Do we really want to end up 8-8? If we aren't gonna go deep into the playoffs what good is 8-8? I'm not saying let's tank but it wouldn't be the worst thing to have highish draft pick for a change to inject more talent in this team for when Rodgers returns in 2018.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Do we really want to end up 8-8? If we aren't gonna go deep into the playoffs what good is 8-8? I'm not saying let's tank but it wouldn't be the worst thing to have highish draft pick for a change to inject more talent in this team for when Rodgers returns in 2018.
    Years ago, I might have agreed, but that losing spirit it devastating. You really can lose guys and a team if they start thinking they're not playing to win. Down that road lies the Cleveland Browns.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Years ago, I might have agreed, but that losing spirit it devastating. You really can lose guys and a team if they start thinking they're not playing to win. Down that road lies the Cleveland Browns.
    I'm not advocating we deliberately tank but if we lose most of the rest of our games it might not be the worst thing.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I'm not advocating we deliberately tank but if we lose most of the rest of our games it might not be the worst thing.
    Hundley continuing to perform at yesterday's level will do the trick.

I didn't see the game except on Red Zone, so I didn't really get to see much. Who stopped our running game more New Orleans or McCarthy? Did anyone else think he could have tried sticking to the run more an used it to open up opportunities for the passing game? Was that not possible?

Are we getting the kind of pass rush that will help the back end of the defense? Not sacks but hurries, pressures and hits. Anything to move the QB off his mark. I wasn't seeing much in the limited highlights I was able to see.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The NO game made the Packers look like they would struggle to win any more games this season. The one reason going 8-8 or 9-7 would be good for the Packers even if they don't make the playoffs is that it would mean that Hundley starts playing at a high level. If he finishes the season hot, he will be very hot property during the off season. If a crappy team in need of a QB gets shut out of the top college QB's, the Packers may be able to turn Hundley into a very high pick and fill one the big holes they have.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    That would be solid for a first year starter. ARod was 6-10 his first year starting off of a 13-3 season. I hope he progresses and we finish 4-4 with him as starter. That would be a win and a feather in MMs cap in my book.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.