Thread: The Inside Story of How the NFL's Plan for Its 1st Openly Gay Player Fell Apart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I really want things like this to just not matter. I'm not in favor of or opposed to gay players, I just don't care. I feel a bit sorry for the actual gay players who have not come out for their own reasons when there is an implied under current that they aren't brave enough. Making it a big deal will make it harder for it to happen.
    Why do we care about this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I really want things like this to just not matter. I'm not in favor of or opposed to gay players, I just don't care. I feel a bit sorry for the actual gay players who have not come out for their own reasons when there is an implied under current that they aren't brave enough. Making it a big deal will make it harder for it to happen.
    I agree with you Upnorth.

I care about this as much as I do in terms of having to use a public washroom. There's no sense in being annoid or paranoid over a fact of life that's been around since all of history. I'm no expert on this subject but simply suspect that's the case. A certain % of the population is statistically homosexual. A small portion of that group will enjoy playing football; and of that group an even fewer will have the talent to make an NFL roster.

This isn't and shouldn't be a big deal.

If I'm picking my roster and select a GAY to that roster. I did so to strengthen my roster over picking some inferior straight prospect. The whole roster simply needs to accept and buy into that.

Anyone or any group that cannot accept that is clearly wrong and acting with discrimination.

Secondly... and I'll focus this comment on anyone that's homophobic.

Today this issue of a persons sexuality shouldn't be an issue or a distraction in any football locker room. Anyone that must go that coarse has to grow up and get over himself. One educates two and two four. It should begin now and in a decade that issue will be laughed at.

Ed..........woodbuck27
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-23-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Those opposed and those for are the ones that have to make everything such a big fucking deal. I don't care if you're gay, black, white, yellow, straight. I just don't care. I just want to watch football in peace and eat a fucking chicken sandwich without being told I'm against gays cause I'm eating it.