Thread: The Inside Story of How the NFL's Plan for Its 1st Openly Gay Player Fell Apart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    That's the issue: can and will acceptance be achieved. I don't think so - not any time soon. That's the rub, so to speak. The gay activists don't want tolerance, they want acceptance and celebration. People who think gay behavior is a sin, I think, mostly are OK with tolerance, but don't want to be forced into acceptance. It used to be far worse for gays, in that they'd get beat up and shunned if discovered. The acceptance crowd is fighting today's battle through that lens, and is using that history, and the great push through the social institutions to gain total accommodation. Given the success they've had, I see no reason for them not to keep pushing. The goal is to turn those who think gay behavior is sinful into the pariahs that gays used to be. And the NFL would be a grand victory considering how anti-gay it's been, or at least is perceived to be.
    So much goes away if NFL teams simply employ a man/ woman irregardless of his/her sexuality.

It's just too simple that way.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    So much goes away if NFL teams simply employ a man/ woman irregardless of his/her sexuality.
    Maybe someone should pass a law that makes employment discrimination based on sexual orientation illegal.

Or would it be too simple that way?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Maybe someone should pass a law that makes employment discrimination based on sexual orientation illegal.

Or would it be too simple that way?
    Then you would enter into a very difficult arena.

You'd be challenging POWER.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau