Thread: The ugly truth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Well, for fuck's sake, leaving now will just ruin the fun. I don't know why people feel the need to excuse themselves after drama. It's what built this place.

FWIW, I always had the strong suspicion this was the case, just unsure how many people were at the helm, but as long as "Joe" didn't act like a cocksucker, I was fine playing along. But then Joe did kind of act like a cocksucker, no offense. And the place went to shit with the software and the non-updates. In other words, kind of the worst of both halves of Joe. I think we should draw and quarter Joe in the town square.

What it comes down to is that I'm not sure anyone even cares enough to care anymore. There's not enough of us left to care. I just want the motherfucking 12 pound turkey thread back.

Anyway, if Madtown can separate his persona from that of the forum, and not try to play god with everyone's relationships here, I think this place would be fine. Bring back the damned. If they want to be retarded again, then send them away again. What else could happen to this place to make it worse? People came once, they'll come again, if they're allowed to and know the place exists anyway.

Oh, and thanks for being honest retail. It does cast the two of you in a pretty creepy light, but at least you can still call yourself a man. If you really are one, anyway. If not, then I'm sure you're a dandy woman. And I guess you have to get extra credit for liking Partial. That isn't an easy attribute to have ingrained in your soul.
    Let's clarify one thing. I'm not trying to post some kind of goodbye drama. I said goodbye and believe I'm gone, because we both know madtown. You really think he's gonna let me stay? I'd stay if I could. But I doubt that's an option.

I agree with you about a lot of what you said. I screwed up plenty. But so did Madtown. If you don't have software that works well, if you don't have ongoing maintenance, or a homepage that works, you can't be listed in google.

In the end, I feel like I betrayed my friend. But then again, I didn't change the password in the middle of the night, and didn't steadfastly refuse for over 3 weeks to return a phone call. So, I feel bad, but not as bad as I'd feel if I'd been the other guy.

And yes, I'm a guy. Flog me in the town square all you wish. I'm not completely to blame, but I've done my fair share and certainly deserve a flogging.
    Last edited by retailguy; 06-07-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Let's clarify one thing. I'm not trying to post some kind of goodbye drama. I said goodbye and believe I'm gone, because we both know madtown. You really think he's gonna let me stay? I'd stay if I could. But I doubt that's an option.

I agree with you about a lot of what you said. I screwed up plenty. But so did Madtown. If you don't have software that works well, if you don't have ongoing maintenance, or a homepage that works, you can't be listed in google.

In the end, I feel like I betrayed my friend. But then again, I didn't change the password in the middle of the night, and didn't steadfastly refuse for over 3 weeks to return a phone call. So, I feel bad, but not as bad if I'd feel if I'd been the other guy.

And yes, I'm a guy. Flog me in the town square all you wish. I'm not completely to blame, but I've done my fair share and certainly deserve a flogging.
    All I can say is that I believe this place can flourish again if simply left alone for the most part and restored to it's original glory and principles. We won't get everyone back, but there's an astounding number of people who still come here simply for each other's company, both friendly and adversarial. With a few new folks every now and again, we would be just as well off as any other place. Better once we get some folks into the tits and ass room.

However, If madtown murders you or your online persona, I firmly believe I won't be alone in finally abandoning this place and finding a feminine hygiene forum to contribute to. If he has any sense left in that pot addled head, he'll use this as a chance to return to our roots instead of a chance to burn the place to the ground out of spite. And yes, that means allowing pictures of lesbians kissing in the romper room.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

And yes, that means allowing pictures of lesbians kissing in the romper room.
    How about pictures of lesbians kissing in the kitchen or in the bedroom?. Should those be allowed, too?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    How about pictures of lesbians kissing in the kitchen or in the bedroom?. Should those be allowed, too?

ABSOLUTELY

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised by this and didn't see any of this; with that being said anybody who knows me will accuse me of being a helpless...aka...ignorant optimist about the entire world so I had to figure Joe was a dude who just bought this and went forward and never thought about questioning anything regardless of what occured.

Regardless, the forum often bounces back from conflict; the problem right now is there isn't one dam good football thing to discuss in the world. That's why I'm not posting much. This place won't die unless somebody pulls the plug and hopefully nobody ever does.

There is just no football news

I'm more interested in hearing what investors like Scott Campbell and Patler things about the future of Apple, Google, LinkedN, Broadcom, and Nividia than I am discussing football........cuz there is nothing to discuss
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    the problem right now is there isn't one dam good football thing to discuss in the world. That's why I'm not posting much. This place won't die unless somebody pulls the plug and hopefully nobody ever does.

Actually, there are things to discuss, such as:

Continued news on the lockout
    Fox picking the Packers as the best NFL organization (QB+head coach+coaching+front office+ facilities, etc.)
    The expansion proposals for more seating at Lambeau
    Should the Packers have player organized practices?
    How will the Packers handle success, be a "dynasty" or a "fart in the wind" as Wolf said
    Packers decision to go private with their ring ceremony
    Ted Thompson vs. Ron Wolf
    Vic Ketchman, a good addition or not?
    Driver's softball game
    Driver's recent mention about the HOF, could it happen for him?
    What may happen with the Packer roster (in the past we had in depth discussions on this)
    The draft picks
    The promotion of Elliot Wolf
    Aaron Kampman's recent interview
    The new "Steelers' Rule", as it is becoming known
    Ohio State
    USC

Some of these have been the subjects of threads, but they have gotten little traffic. Things always slow in the summer, but, for whatever reason, this place has died this summer. Maybe without the various camps, most of us just aren't thinking much about the Packers.
    Last edited by Patler; 06-08-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Fox picking the Packers as the best NFL organization (QB+head coach+coaching+front office+ facilities, etc.)
    How will the Packers handle success, be a "dynasty" or a "fart in the wind" as Wolf said
    Driver's softball game
    What may happen with the Packer roster (in the past we had in depth discussions on this)
    The draft picks
    Ohio State
    USC

Some of these have been the subjects of threads, but they have gotten little traffic. Things always slow in the summer, but, for whatever reason, this place has died this summer. Maybe without the various camps, most of us just aren't thinking much about the Packers.
    Yes...and no.

All of the things you mention are certainly 'football related' but not football per say. Not everyone is as interested in the minutia of the enterprise as you are.

Other items would be difficult to discuss. How much can we say about draft picks since we don't get to see them on the field? I guess we could try and dig up more college tape. Should the player's organize practices? They aren't, not much we can say or do about that.

The Steeler rule? About as interesting as the 'Tuck Rule' or the 2 man 'wedge' (how can two people make a wedge?). Not to mention if there's no football, doesn't much matter what the rules say about how you're supposed to play, does it?

We could talk about the lockout, but even that doesn't have a lot to be said about it. Both sides are (remarkably) closed lipped about it!

I understand what you're saying Patler, it's just that we need real, actual football to get interested in these side stories!
    Last edited by Guiness; 06-08-2011 at 04:12 PM.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    ...About as interesting as ... the 2 man 'wedge' (how can two people make a wedge?)
    Two of us used to give out wedgies all the time in Jr. High School. It's not that hard.

Oh, you said 'wedge.'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Driver's softball game
    The draft picks
    Ohio State
    USC

Honestly, that ain't a lot. I don't care much about most of the things, and the things I do care about have been beaten to death.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    ABSOLUTELY

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised by this and didn't see any of this; with that being said anybody who knows me will accuse me of being a helpless...aka...ignorant optimist about the entire world so I had to figure Joe was a dude who just bought this and went forward and never thought about questioning anything regardless of what occured.

Regardless, the forum often bounces back from conflict; the problem right now is there isn't one dam good football thing to discuss in the world. That's why I'm not posting much. This place won't die unless somebody pulls the plug and hopefully nobody ever does.

I'm more interested in hearing what investors like Scott Campbell and Patler things about the future of Apple, Google, LinkedN, Broadcom, and Nividia than I am discussing football........cuz there is nothing to discuss
    Agreed. I blame the inactivity on no football. Things were fine around Super Bowl and draft time. I'll be around more when football is back.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

All I can say is that I believe this place can flourish again if simply left alone for the most part and restored to it's original glory and principles. We won't get everyone back, but there's an astounding number of people who still come here simply for each other's company, both friendly and adversarial. With a few new folks every now and again, we would be just as well off as any other place. Better once we get some folks into the tits and ass room.

However, If madtown murders you or your online persona, I firmly believe I won't be alone in finally abandoning this place and finding a feminine hygiene forum to contribute to. If he has any sense left in that pot addled head, he'll use this as a chance to return to our roots instead of a chance to burn the place to the ground out of spite. And yes, that means allowing pictures of lesbians kissing in the romper room.
    Well, yeah, I understand. I was always looking for the happy medium but never found it. The cynical part of me doesn't think it exists.

But really, when you have a very long term member who has contributed a bunch around here saying that occasionally he reads PR with his 8 year old daughter on his lap, he has to be very careful where he strays, and asks politely that the definition we all agreed to, be adhered to, is that really an unreasonable request?

On the flip side, not being able to post the pic can occasionally really derail the discussion too.

Just isn't so easy when you're "that guy" making the call as to what is OK and what isn't.

I guess the good news is, this time, I'm really useless to move anything.