I have a new theory, freshly retrieved from my posterior: what if Winston Moss is the problem? I don't mean that he is raising hell, I mean that maybe other coaches are resentful of his position

He's been the assistant HC for a number of years now but he seems to have the lowest developmental success rate. Martinez now seems to be coming along in the run game but is still a problem in the pass game. They got rid of Greene, who could be given some credit (along with a regimen of PED use) for early CM3 years and gave the OLB group to Moss. I would argue that the LB group has been the weakest link in the chain for a number of years.

Perry helped develop Burnett, HHCD, and perhaps Hyde into Pro Bowl/All Pro players.

Whitt developed Shields, Williams, Hayward House, Randall, and King .

Trgo has BJ Raji, Mike Daniels, Kenny Clark, maybe Dean Lowry (who was a developmental prospect at DE) under his belt.

Last, he was picked by M3 and not by Capers. The other coaches were Capers guys.

What if the negativity is that the other coaches are pissed about Moss's role given his relative underperformance? Maybe what shows up in the film room week after week is that his LBs are not getting pressure and messing up their assignments.

Just a thought...