Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Official Super Bowl LII Game Day Thread

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Super Bowl MVP at QB to another team before next season. Kind of feel bad for Foles.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Tonight they did. They made the opposite call earlier this year against Pitt. Dez Bryant’s catch a few years ago. It needs to be consistent.
    Neither of those guys ran with the ball. That was an easy call. I agree that catch rule needs to change at goal and sideline.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Super Bowl MVP at QB to another team before next season. Kind of feel bad for Foles.
    Why? He should score some serious dollars. And Cleveland is nicer than it's reputation.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Collingsworth had his head up his ass most of the night. He also said the game was as good as Justin Timberlake's halftime performance. What a fuckin' idiot.

He's horrible.
    I heard that and laughed my ass off!
    C.H.U.D.

Brady threw for 505 yards, but in the end, his lack of mobility bit him and the Patriots in the ass. Anybody in here want to go on record saying he's better than Aaron Rodgers? Just imagine how unstoppable Rodgers would be if he had the O Line blocking Brady had almost the whole game and the receiver quality Brady has.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Brady threw for 505 yards, but in the end, his lack of mobility bit him and the Patriots in the ass. Anybody in here want to go on record saying he's better than Aaron Rodgers? Just imagine how unstoppable Rodgers would be if he had the O Line blocking Brady had almost the whole game and the receiver quality Brady has.
    How did Brady's lack of mobility cost Ne the gm? The fumble was the ol's fault. Tommy almost pulled out yet another comeback. He was awesome, aside from trying to catch that pass.

I blame the Madden curse for this defeat. But regardless of the outcome, belichickism still won in the end.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 02-05-2018 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I heard that and laughed my ass off!
    Yea to say that quote which I posted in this Game Thread just after he made it; was more than just a little over the top silly.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Dear God. Your putting Tom Brady Down here...come on ! Your smarter than that Tex.

Ignoring the amazing number of yards (500 +) Tom Brady passed for.

That effort he made late in the game looking to complete an important down pass and somehow avoiding giving up a Safety was great. How he escaped that almost tragic result was unreal. He should have been tackled in his own End Zone except for his Houdini Act..

In the second half the Pats were rolling. When New England took that one point lead. What percentage of real football fans do you imagine didn't feel the wind had gone out of the Eagles sails? That Eagles very decent 'D' had vanished. Belichick and Tom Brady and Company were, it certainly looked, on their way to another Super Bowl Title.

Even as that game was coming to it's conclusion Philly HC Doug Pederson looked like his face was frozen 'in all anxiety', to just hear the final whistle with his team as the winner.

In contrast...Bill Belichick looked Cool, Calm and collected. He has a QB named Tom Brady.

Often in every game there's a difference maker and one very determined QB named Nick Foles had another plan.

************************************************** **************************

Who is GREATER as a QB Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers? Given their Resume's !

That question is too silly to even respond to.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-05-2018 at 06:58 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Yeah, that was my first instinct too. To blame Brady for that one critical sack as the cause for the loss of the game. I mean, throwing for 500 yards in the championship game and NEVER PUNTING happens all the time. Rodgers of course would have thrown for 700 - it's what mobile QBs do. And he would have overcome a 600 yard debacle by his defense too, because that's what mobile QBs do.

On that Brady strip sack, Collingsworth also said that moving Brandon Graham into a DT position was akin to what Steve Spagnuolo did with the Giants pass rush in 2007.

Its also what every other team does with its nickel and dime pass rush

But OK.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Strip Sack in about 8 different languages. Austrian is strong contender, Harlan and Australia make for good radio. I think the French were on an expresso break or the video isn't sync'd correctly to them.

https://content.jwplatform.com/previ...a356e77ccb40fb
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If you told me that Tom Brady threw for 500 yards I would have said the Patriots walked away with the game.
    The defenses were approaching Dom Capers territory for both teams.

Entertaining game, not an Eagles fan, but not sad to see the Patriots go down.

Well, Hoody is taking it on the chin for not playing Malcolm Butler for even one snap on defense. He was active but never left the bench to play defense. Eric Rowe started opposite Gilmore and didn't fare well. He played for the Eagles before and a Philly assistant said they knew he was out there and were trying to get Jeffrey matched up on him.

BB said it wasn't disciplinary but using players who gave them best chance to win. Matt Patricia said the same thing and added it was regardless of packages or game situation.

Rowe said he spent all week starting opposite Gilmore in practice but did not find out officially until kickoff.

Sounds like a coaching effort to get a good player to respond backfired on them to me.

https://deadspin.com/where-the-hell-...ler-1822718154

Former Pat DB Brandon Browner thinks Bill screwed the pooch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BezUdD9j...-by=bbrowner39

The did not give him a long term contract last offseason and he is a FA this offseason. Clearly the Pats are done with him. But I have no idea what the objections are.

Its possible that a pending contract situation has cost another player a lost season. Remember Jermichael Finley's yips and fear of getting hit?

RapSheet before the game with Butler, MB admits he has not had a good season, says its not contract based. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-next-contract

Its also possible the Patriots see him as a good but not special player. His rookie year (the year of the SB goal line interception) he allowed a QB rating of 97.5 on passes in his direction. In 2016 it was 78.2. In 2017 it was 96.6 this year. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...s-down-season/
    Last edited by pbmax; 02-05-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    How did Brady's lack of mobility cost Ne the gm? The fumble was the ol's fault. Tommy almost pulled out yet another comeback. He was awesome, aside from trying to catch that pass.

I blame the Madden curse for this defeat. But regardless of the outcome, belichickism still won in the end.
    I'd blame the MVP curse more.

The argument that Rodgers would have done better is pointless. First of all GB has to have good enough coaching to get to the SB. Also Rodgers has to actually stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The argument that Rodgers would have done better is pointless. First of all GB has to have good enough coaching to get to the SB. Also Rodgers has to actually stay healthy.
    I'm betting Stubby would have had Randall play only on ST too.

"brady looks like the overconfident european assassin who dies in the last twenty minutes of an action movie"

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm betting Stubby would have had Randall play only on ST too.
    If stubby ever gets to another Superb Owl, we may see.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    "brady looks like the overconfident european assassin who dies in the last twenty minutes of an action movie"

They didn't lose because of Brady.