Thread: Eli Manning to be benched

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Except if they cut him, he goes through waivers. Better for him to be cut after the season and let him choose his destination. More "respectful" if you want to call it that. Otherwise he'll be playing for the Browns and under contract.
    Great point with the waivers, I didn't think about that. I wish they hadn't benched him during the season. It's not like they have the next great QB on their roster. You don't treat a vet this way in my opinion. They aren't winning games either way.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Great point with the waivers, I didn't think about that. I wish they hadn't benched him during the season. It's not like they have the next great QB on their roster. You don't treat a vet this way in my opinion. They aren't winning games either way.
    That's my opinion as well. Let him play out the season, put their rookie in fourth quarters when they're losing, and cut him after the season. Benching him now...I personally don't like it. But oh well; not my call.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.