Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    13th or 14th it doesn't matter. TT will fuck it up.
    The ' Chicken shit ' will trade down.

Headline:

Misinformed Packer Fans imagine watering down Cool Aid is better.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-01-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The great news is that a lot of teams drafting in front of us need QBs in a bad way

So hopefully we see 4 shitty QBs go off the board pushing the real talent down to us

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    The great news is that a lot of teams drafting in front of us need QBs in a bad way

So hopefully we see 4 shitty QBs go off the board pushing the real talent down to us
    http://draftwire.usatoday.com/ has Clellin Ferrell/EDGE/Clemson #14 on their board. He's a redshirt sohomore. http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/1...draft-profile/

They have Ferrell going 12th in their mock draft. They have the Packers taking Harold Landry/EDGE/Boston College at #14. http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/1...draft-profile/

They have 5 QB's going in their mock draft before the Packers pick. http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/1...nto-week-17/2/

I think our greatest need, outside of a new defensive coaching staff, is still inside linebacker.

Maybe Ryan and Martinez can improve with better coaching, but both of them were so God-awful terrible that I'm not sure either can play at the NFL level at all. Especially Ryan... wow, was he terrible this year.
    wist

Draftwire's 4 round mock draft Packer picks.

Harold Landry | EDGE | Boston College

Deon Cain | WR | Clemson

Mike Gesicki | TE | Penn State

Micah Kiser | LB | Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I think our greatest need, outside of a new defensive coaching staff, is still inside linebacker.

Maybe Ryan and Martinez can improve with better coaching, but both of them were so God-awful terrible that I'm not sure either can play at the NFL level at all. Especially Ryan... wow, was he terrible this year.
    http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/1...018-nfl-draft/

Here`s the Mix of greatest need.

CB; TE; OLB; WR and ILB
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-01-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Yes we certainly have huge need at CB;

In the last game At Detroit we saw this Guy on the sidelines without a Helmet on.

http://www.packers.com/team/roster/D...2-df543ef2933f

After seeing him and wearing NO. 44 my next thought wasn`t Henry Aaron but this:

I don’t ever want to hear anyone ever again blame a missed tackle on a guy wearing a club

UCF just beat Auburn, their best defender only had one fucking hand, and he was awesome

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

I think Martinez are fine if he's the 2nd best one but we need some mean and nasty in the other guy. Ryan is a JAG
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I think Martinez are fine if he's the 2nd best one but we need some mean and nasty in the other guy. Ryan is a JAG
    That`s right he`s from Michigan.

Every time I dedicated some time to watching Martinez, and only Martinez, he was awful.

Either he has exactly zero instincts for the game, or he only looked completely lost b/c his head was so full of spinning shit from the terrible coaching.

I value the ILB much more highly than the packers as an organization do though, so I fear we're stuck with both those guys for years to come.
    wist

Blog Entries
    I want SPEED at ILB ....aka....Atlanta does great with getting speed there and it shows. Shazier and Mosley would have looked nice on this team but TT hardly ever trades up and those guys are gone by late round two. Hopefull one falls to us this year.

We need to utilize free agency.

I think this year showed us we have a bunch of holes
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That`s right he`s from Michigan.
    Wait, what? Michigan is the litmus test?

Yo,Ed, it’s below zero up your way, but what’s left of your cranium can’t be frozen thru. Or is it?

Anyone else watching Georgia and Roguan smith right now?

That guys pretty impressive

Roquan Smith is a grown ass man. Whoo boy he would look good in G&G. Came up huge in OT. So fast for an ILB.

Lots of first few round draft picks playing in the playoff games. Worth watching for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Roquan Smith is a grown ass man. Whoo boy he would look good in G&G. Came up huge in OT. So fast for an ILB.

Lots of first few round draft picks playing in the playoff games. Worth watching for sure.
    Smith will be an interesting situation. I've seen him rated in the top 10 overall, but teams these days seldom draft an ILB that early.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Smith will be an interesting situation. I've seen him rated in the top 10 overall, but teams these days seldom draft an ILB that early.

I've been reading and watching film on the Draft tonight because I'm bored debating on why some salary cap jag should never be our GM

I"ve come across the two or three guys I'm going to endorse...aka....OdellThurman....as our picks in round one.

Roquan Smith is the first guy I'd want. Even Wist might drop his jaw over this guy...lol..... But I think he goes around the 10 range....

Bradley Chubb (DE from NC) is the other; I think he goes before Smith.

I think we'd need to trade up to get either though. But I'd do it.

Also Clelen Ferrell, DE from Clemson, right now looks like a good fit and somebody who will probably be there at 15. He's our pick IMO if we don't trade up.

Of course, seeing it's only Jan 1st I'm probably completely full of shit ..lol

I've been reading and watching film on the Draft tonight because I'm bored debating on why some salary cap jag should never be our GM

I"ve come across the two or three guys I'm going to endorse...aka....OdellThurman....as our picks in round one.

Roquan Smith is the first guy I'd want. Even Wist might drop his jaw over this guy...lol..... But I think he goes around the 10 range....

Bradley Chubb (DE from NC) is the other; I think he goes before Smith.

I think we'd need to trade up to get either though. But I'd do it.

Also Clelen Ferrell, DE from Clemson, right now looks like a good fit and somebody who will probably be there at 15. He's our pick IMO if we don't trade up.

Of course, seeing it's only Jan 1st I'm probably completely full of shit ..lol
    Based on what I've read, no way Chubb would be available. Ferrell could be in play. Actually, underclassmen have until Jan' 15 to declare for the draft, so any lists are really premature.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Based on what I've read, no way Chubb would be available. Ferrell could be in play. Actually, underclassmen have until Jan' 15 to declare for the draft, so any lists are really premature.
    DITTO; I've seen Chubb go as high as the 3-5 range and as low as 9

Most have our ILB going about 10; some not top 15.

But when he tests out and has his pro day I expect him to go in the 6-12 range

I think Ferrell is there for us an could be the pick if we stay tight.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Wait, what? Michigan is the litmus test?

Yo,Ed, it’s below zero up your way, but what’s left of your cranium can’t be frozen thru. Or is it?
    That's a long time inside Joke and Bretsky.