Thread: More Banjo: Week 11 vs. Baltimore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    What is bugging me right now is the obvious comparison with New England last year when they started the season without Brady. First they lit it up with Garoppolo and then, when he went down, they plugged in a guy off the street (Brissett) who also managed to play at a respectable level. New England practically ddin't miss a beat with Brady out whereas the Packers going flying off the track and burst into a gigantic fireball when Rodgers goes down.

Is the talent level surrounding Brady that much higher than what GB has right now? Is Bellichick somehow able to prepare his anonymous third string QB (who has since proven to be human, all too human in Indy) better than what McCarthy can do over the course of three training camps? Or has he somehow managed to design a system in which anyone (except possibly Brian Brohm) could succeed whereas McCarthy implements a system that precisely one person on the planet is capable of running? I'm inclined to believe that the talent level surrounding Rodgers must be really low, but then we see guys who were marginal starters in GB (Hayward, Hyde) go on the excel elsewhere. So: low talent level combined with coaching staff that is incapable of recognizing what they have? I am mystified.
    I am amazed at how watching most other teams, that there is a scheme in place to get players open in the passing game. I don't see that with MM. I think he has morphed into Rodgers being so good at making that perfect pass or extending plays to where it turns into schoolyard football that he is elite at. When was the last time a WR or TE runs wide open for the Pack on offense? Compare that to how often that occurs against the Pack defense. Watch NO, MN, Philly or any decent offense and multiple times a game you'll see players that are decidedly open for easy gains. With Rodgers enabling MM with his brilliance, MM has ceased scheming as hard as he could be.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I am amazed at how watching most other teams, that there is a scheme in place to get players open in the passing game. I don't see that with MM. I think he has morphed into Rodgers being so good at making that perfect pass or extending plays to where it turns into schoolyard football that he is elite at. When was the last time a WR or TE runs wide open for the Pack on offense? Compare that to how often that occurs against the Pack defense. Watch NO, MN, Philly or any decent offense and multiple times a game you'll see players that are decidedly open for easy gains. With Rodgers enabling MM with his brilliance, MM has ceased scheming as hard as he could be.
    Go to YouTube and watch highlights of #12. Not all of the time does it turn into schoolyard football. His receivers get open and come back to him when he has to move out of the pocket. Often when AR runs around back there it is because of the pass rush.