Thread: PACKERS STILL HOPING SPRIGGS TRADE/DRAFT PICK WILL PAN OUT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They needed backup tackles after the Tretter/Barclay/Sitton experiment. And yes, they were not sure Bach was going to re-up with them. I am pretty sure they were enamored with Bach before the draft that year.

Also Bulaga's legs weren't getting any younger.

Definite need pick.
    Completely agree. I know I came off wrong, I like Spriggs,and I liked the pick because it was a need. I'm just worried they could end up losing Spriggs and Bulaga, and then in 2020, we are drafting round 1 tackle to plug in as a starter.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    I'm just worried they could end up losing Spriggs and Bulaga, and then in 2020, we are drafting round 1 tackle to plug in as a starter.
    This could happen, worst case scenario. They'll have enough time to draft another LT next two years if they think Spriggs ain't got it and Bulaga looks beat up.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck