Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I hope Tommy Boy gets at least a 2 game suspension and is fined. If he isn't that will set a bad precedence.

How would you like to be the 2 poor schmucks caught in the middle here, the 2 that actually deflated the balls? There is no way in hell they did it on their own. And there is no way in hell they weren't gonna do as Brady asked. Brady isn't gonna lose his job over this and those 2 guys better not either.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Stupid thing about the current disciplinary setup in the league is that you have to oversuspend or overfine in order to get the punishment you actually intend to be administered. The arbitration is NFLPA controlled at this point, so they usually just half whatever penalty the NFL imposes.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Stupid thing about the current disciplinary setup in the league is that you have to oversuspend or overfine in order to get the punishment you actually intend to be administered. The arbitration is NFLPA controlled at this point, so they usually just half whatever penalty the NFL imposes.
    Its not that simple. The NFL and NFLPA jointly select arbitrators for game related player conduct violations.

There is an outside arbitrator for the Drug Policy.

Roger handles the appeals for Player Conduct.

Don't know where this falls though. If that actually had a plan and policy in place, then halving it wouldn't be an issue. But the $9 billion a year business still runs discipline like MLB in 1974.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    theres actually talk that brady might get suspended

does anyone here think it would actually happen?

the report does seem to say that this wasn't a one time thing, and that brady had the ball boys doing it for a long time

maybe suspended for a preseason game, but i can't see the nfl giving more then a wrist slap to him here, like a 5 digit fine
    The NFL rules have the penalty stated for football tampering. I think it is the cover up and not being honest that are going to cost Tom Brady a game or 2 in 2015.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Florio is posting like the failure to cooperate will land under Personal Conduct. Not sure about the inflation violation itself.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Since the violation was done to impact the game, and instigated by a player, it should be treated similarly to a positive PED test - 4 game suspension for Brady.

Since non-players were involved, the Patriots should be fined, somewhere in the 100-500K range, and the two directly involved prohibited from contact with game day balls.

Taking away draft picks doesn't seem right for this offense, unless they want to take past team history into account.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Probably get away with crucifixion, first offense.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    The NFL rules have the penalty stated for football tampering. I think it is the cover up and not being honest that are going to cost Tom Brady a game or 2 in 2015.
    Agreed. Often it is the lies and coverup that is worse than the original sin.

Do any of the draft guys know what Tom Brady's hand size was for his Combine in 2000? Planning to start a conspiracy theory on Twitter this weekend and it would be good to know how close to reality I am going to be.

Can't believe I'm about to defend Tom Brady.

Basically, the NFL office isn't known for their tight lips and lack of leaks. Dude's married to Gisele Bundchen and they want full access to all his cell phone message? Ya, I don't think so
    She dodged the fappening (I think?) but no way she gets through this clean!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Do any of the draft guys know what Tom Brady's hand size was for his Combine in 2000? Planning to start a conspiracy theory on Twitter this weekend and it would be good to know how close to reality I am going to be.
    i honestly don't know if they did that back then. i can't find anything on the peytons, brady's or favre's

mine are 8.75 if that helps

and i have a hard time throwing a ball when its cold out

i honestly don't know if they did that back then. i can't find anything on the peytons, brady's or favre's

mine are 8.75 if that helps

and i have a hard time throwing a ball when its cold out
    Favre's and Rodgers' are both over 9.5. Don't know about Brady.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I am firmly in the camp of the NFL screwed the pooch. This is obviously hind sight but it doesn't take einstein to figure it out.

1) The NFL could have avoided the bad pub by telling the Patriots "We are on to you, don't ever do it again. We're watching.

2) The official was told of the Colts suspicions before the game. Why in the hell when he lost custody of the balls didn;t he immediately test them knowing a complaint had been lodged?

3) Why does the NFL allow teams to provide the balls and allow a range? Bring a bag of god damn footballs to the game and tell every team the PSI will be 14 and if you don't like it tough shit. The field will also be 100 yards from goal line to goal line. You don't get to customize that either.

1. If that had gotten out Roger would have had bleeding ears from 31 other owners over the "heads up" he gave his buddy Robert K.

2. Not sure, but the one thing more important to the NFL than the rules of the game are TV start times. Maybe he was up against the clock? Officials probably have a checklist of things to do before the game. But good question.

3. Because QB's complained about having balls for the game that weren't broken in.

Its a simple fix. You bring the balls out day before game, or well before game, test them and then lock them up with a lock only the Refs have. Then they take them out to the field at a set time prior to kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    1. If that had gotten out Roger would have had bleeding ears from 31 other owners over the "heads up" he gave his buddy Robert K.

I had heard that it was routine under Tagliabue to tell teams to "Knock it off".

2. Not sure, but the one thing more important to the NFL than the rules of the game are TV start times. Maybe he was up against the clock? Officials probably have a checklist of things to do before the game. But good question.

Yea, I thought about that...tell the truck to "run another commercial" - it was the late game.

3. Because QB's complained about having balls for the game that weren't broken in.

Its a simple fix. You bring the balls out day before game, or well before game, test them and then lock them up with a lock only the Refs have. Then they take them out to the field at a set time prior to kickoff.

That works too but athletes adapt. If the balls were all the same they'd figure it out quick and practice with the official ones.

Comments in bold.

how bout the nfl uses technology and uses a ball that doesn't have to be inflated with a certain amount of air?

we can send a craft to pluto, but we can't figure out a way to make a solid core football that doesn't need to be inflated or deflated before every game?

some kind of nerf/rubber innards with a leather shell. something that looks the same, performs the same, but something that can't change or degrade over time. like a baseball, or golf ball, but softer on the outside

some kind of nerf/rubber innards with a leather shell. something that looks the same, performs the same, but something that can't change or degrade over time. like a baseball, or golf ball, but softer on the outside
    Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Here you go:
    didn't that have a metallic sound when they caught it though?

how bout the nfl uses technology and uses a ball that doesn't have to be inflated with a certain amount of air?

we can send a craft to pluto, but we can't figure out a way to make a solid core football that doesn't need to be inflated or deflated before every game?

NFL supplies the balls, sets a standard pressure and we forget about it. If people keep dicking with the air pressure then I like your idea.

didn't that have a metallic sound when they caught it though?
    See, making it out of some titanium-like alloy means you can use the same football for the next forty millennia with no degradation. Placekickers need thicker shoes, however.