Thread: Packers To Hire Pettine As DC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We all were hoping Mike would look outside the organization for our next DC so we have to be happy about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    We all were hoping Mike would look outside the organization for our next DC so we have to be happy about that...
    Without it being an indictment on Gute, it appears M3 had a more thorough search for a DC than Murphy did for a GM. Murphy looked at the Wolf/TT tree after checking off the Rooney box. M3 just hired a DC he has never worked with before.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Without it being an indictment on Gute, it appears M3 had a more thorough search for a DC than Murphy did for a GM. Murphy looked at the Wolf/TT tree after checking off the Rooney box. M3 just hired a DC he has never worked with before.
    And I think the Rooney tree was tokenism at its worst. Another mark against Not Bob Harlan.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    And I think the Rooney tree was tokenism at its worst. Another mark against Not Bob Harlan.
    I'm a little surprised you haven't started the Fire Mark Murphy! thread yet.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I am hoping he is more dullard than authoritarian and doesn't really do much with his newfound position. The PC with Guteus Maximus was a testament to having it both ways.

Murphy said he was more involved in the football side of things in the last couple of years but was still unaware there were communication and collaboration problems. If Mike Florio can detect them from West Virginia but you cannot in your own building while spending time on that side of the business, you are not very aware.

I think even McGinn launched a column with McCarthy's impatience with Thompson last year.

And that baseline could mean he wants them to talk or he might decide he needs to decide. If he starts deciding, then the thread is a go.

Actually, I'd be stunned if we don't have an fire Murphy thread somewhere on standby.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Pettine = "Sponge Bob"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am hoping he is more dullard than authoritarian and doesn't really do much with his newfound position. The PC with Guteus Maximus was a testament to having it both ways.

Murphy said he was more involved in the football side of things in the last couple of years but was still unaware there were communication and collaboration problems. If Mike Florio can detect them from West Virginia but you cannot in your own building while spending time on that side of the business, you are not very aware.

I think even McGinn launched a column with McCarthy's impatience with Thompson last year.

And that baseline could mean he wants them to talk or he might decide he needs to decide. If he starts deciding, then the thread is a go.

Actually, I'd be stunned if we don't have an fire Murphy thread somewhere on standby.
    ^^^I think the Mark Murphy is as useless as a hind TIT thread should suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    ^^^I think the Mark Murphy is as useless as a hind TIT thread should suffice.
    I have to hand it to Vincenzo, we have gotten a lot of run out of it. Though its title is not in the classic form. Maybe we can adopt a reformed thread title cannon.

Meanwhile, Rex has me all fired up for Pettine.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

Murphy and McCarty out with the Wash Water? Are they tied at the hip?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-11-2018 at 12:02 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...le/1021107001/

Dougherty: Can Mike Pettine succeed? Answer's simple

Pete Dougherty, USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin

Published 6:07 p.m. CT Jan. 10, 2018 | Updated 6:25 p.m. CT Jan. 10, 2018
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...se/1022846001/

Podcast: Draft alone won't fix Packers' defense

Packers News Published 5:54 p.m. CT Jan. 10, 2018 | Updated 5:54 p.m. CT Jan. 10, 2018