Thread: Might Richard Rodgers be a better prospect than we think?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    *SIGH*

Oh well, I can't argue with you. After all, Scott Wells had fewer drops than Finley!
    What does Scott Wells have to do with it?

Point was, and article mentioned (if you even bothered to read it) that R. Rodgers has exceptional hands. A. Rodgers said he might have the best hands on the team. The TE often sees the ball on third down in mid-range yards-to-go situations, and a drop often means a punt. We saw that time and again with Finley. Hopefully we won't with R. Rodgers.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

Point was, and article mentioned (if you even bothered to read it) that R. Rodgers has exceptional hands.
    Yeah, I read it. You're a fun guy Patler. Yes, I'm tired of the 'Finley drop' meme. Guy didn't even play the last two and half years, so I dropped another tired horse beating on you for your tired horse beating. So go beat another horse. P.S. Packers were better off keeping Finley than Wells
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Yeah, I read it. You're a fun guy Patler. Yes, I'm tired of the 'Finley drop' meme. Guy didn't even play the last two and half years, so I dropped another tired horse beating on you for your tired horse beating. So go beat another horse. P.S. Packers were better off keeping Finley than Wells
    Actually, it has only been the last one and a half years, not two and a half years that Finley hasn't played, isn't it?

I think it was sort of a wash on who would have been better to keep, Wells vs. Finley. Finley only gave them 22 games over the span that Wells gave St Louis 35 games. On a different field, maybe Wells wouldn't have broken his ankle, but even if he had, at least they wouldn't have signed Saturday, so EDS would have replaced Wells, which would have been a plus that year vs Saturday. Finley did have a good season that same year (when he wasn't dropping the ball. )

Now, how about dropping some of those dead horse beatings on the complaints about Bubba Franks, who hasn't been in GB since before Finley was drafted?

Actually, it has only been the last one and a half years, not two and a half years that Finley hasn't played, isn't it?

I think it was sort of a wash on who would have been better to keep, Wells vs. Finley. Finley only gave them 22 games over the span that Wells gave St Louis 35 games. On a different field, maybe Wells wouldn't have broken his ankle, but even if he had, at least they wouldn't have signed Saturday, so EDS would have replaced Wells, which would have been a plus that year vs Saturday. Finley did have a good season that same year (when he wasn't dropping the ball. )

Now, how about dropping some of those dead horse beatings on the complaints about Bubba Franks, who hasn't been in GB since before Finley was drafted?
    I wrote one and a half. Don't know how two and half got in there. Finley was a greater impact player than Wells, especially his game-changing drops. I don't recall Wells being targeted 11 times and being maligned for four (see below). Plus, before his neck injury, Finley was almost the entire offense of a depleted Packer team against Cleveland in 2013 (ONE and a half years ago!). He looked like a Gronk out there! Funny how when a talented guy is the ONLY major talent, who isn't shut down by aggressive corner play, he gets a lot of touches. Poor Scotty Wells was just a depleted afterthought in St. Louis who would never achieve the honor of posing with the Muskie Queen.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...passes-problem

Now, let me tell you about Ed West...there's a guy who could catch a ball!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I wrote one and a half. Don't know how two and half got in there. Finley was a greater impact player than Wells, especially his game-changing drops. I don't recall Wells being targeted 11 times and being maligned for four (see below). Plus, before his neck injury, Finley was almost the entire offense of a depleted Packer team against Cleveland in 2013 (ONE and a half years ago!). He looked like a Gronk out there! Funny how when a talented guy is the ONLY major talent, who isn't shut down by aggressive corner play, he gets a lot of touches. Poor Scotty Wells was just a depleted afterthought in St. Louis who would never achieve the honor of posing with the Muskie Queen.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...passes-problem

Now, let me tell you about Ed West...there's a guy who could catch a ball!
    My favorite Ed West play was when he would play possum, do a flop-a-block, wait for the student body to clear the other way, then get up, stand in the end zone, and wait for the ball to get to him, lol...
    wist

Point was, and article mentioned (if you even bothered to read it) that R. Rodgers has exceptional hands. A. Rodgers said he might have the best hands on the team. The TE often sees the ball on third down in mid-range yards-to-go situations, and a drop often means a punt. We saw that time and again with Finley. Hopefully we won't with R. Rodgers.
    I think that was an attempt at a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I think that was an attempt at a joke?
    Yes, 'attempt' being the key word. Still, we enjoy beating dead horses here at PR.