Thread: TT looking at KRs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I think there was a stud WR in Division 2 that I watched in the title game who was a very good return guy and WR

Cecil Short.........I THINK his name was.............

Might be a TT kinda guy
    Cecil Shorts III actually, and he went to Mount Union, which is a D-III school. But Pierre Garcon is also a Mount Union alum, and he turned out all right. Thompson has more of a gift for scouting WRs than I do, but Shorts is fluid and athletic but lacks bulk and will probably struggle against press coverage. Worth a day 3 flyer though, why not?

The key thing, though, is that when you're drafting a day 3 WR or DB, you might value one guy over another because the first guy showed himself to be a talented returner. I have no idea whether Mr. Shorts actually returned kicks, and trusting on a guy to be a returner just because he's athletic doesn't really work that well. I mean, Sam Shields worked out pretty well, but not as a KR/PR.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    Cecil Shorts III actually, and he went to Mount Union, which is a D-III school. But Pierre Garcon is also a Mount Union alum, and he turned out all right. Thompson has more of a gift for scouting WRs than I do, but Shorts is fluid and athletic but lacks bulk and will probably struggle against press coverage. Worth a day 3 flyer though, why not?

The key thing, though, is that when you're drafting a day 3 WR or DB, you might value one guy over another because the first guy showed himself to be a talented returner. I have no idea whether Mr. Shorts actually returned kicks, and trusting on a guy to be a returner just because he's athletic doesn't really work that well. I mean, Sam Shields worked out pretty well, but not as a KR/PR.
    lol @ 'Mr. Shorts'
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    lol @ 'Mr. Shorts'
    Arguably Mr. Shorts was Cecil's Father and/or Grandfather.
    </delurk>