View Poll Results: Who wins the Green Bay/Seattle Playoff Game in 2014?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seattle Seahawks

15 40.54%
  • Green Bay Packers

22 59.46%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Seahawks Discussion and Prediction Thread, 2014 Playoffs Edition

My original prediction was Sea 38 GB16

I think I'm going to amend that down a bit, hoping we keep it closer...

Sea 27
    GB 16
    wist

Pack 20 , Seagulls 14

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Thirty-Seven votes. That's not everybody.

No bragging or I-told-you-so without a vote.
    Voters 37. This poll is closed
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I heard on Homer that in 49 out of 50 states, the public is predicting Seahawks. In Wisconsin, 74% pick Packers. Not sure where this data came from.

I'm not predicting because it is no fun to pick against the home team.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Exactly. Did PB really make this thread? Arrogant prick, if it don't happen his ass is banned for a month. You getting drunk already PB?
    Still ALIVE!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Yeah, I actually counted days correctly. For a time I thought i had left it open until tonight. Never bothered to check the actual posted expiration date.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Too many times in big games, the Packers have to deal with a collection of injuries. Last year, Neal and Shields lost early. Game one this year, Lacy and Bulaga lost. Even the Superbowl Woodson and Driver. Packers can overcome that stuff when either offense or defense remains on fire. A hobbled Rodgers? A defense shaky against athletic QBs? Packers are in a groove, but karma and a very good team oppose them. Seattle 27, GB 24. Hope I'm wrong.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I heard on Homer that in 49 out of 50 states, the public is predicting Seahawks. In Wisconsin, 74% pick Packers. Not sure where this data came from.

Well, isn't that a prediction by default?? lol...
    wist

SportsNation: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls

Scroll to second poll question.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Well, isn't that a prediction by default?? lol...
    Packers going to win today. They are like the 2007 and 2011 Giants.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Packers do not fair well as big underdogs... including this years opener to the Seahawks in which were -6 pt dogs.

The line has moved from -7.5 to -8 pt underdogs.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-big-underdogs
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I hope so... I really do - will be yelling at the TV until my BP gets too high, or the game becomes a blowout
    wist

and all the fishes in the ocean are picking the seahawks too.

Packers News ‏@PGPackersNews 6m6 minutes ago
    RT @PeteDougherty: Seattle weather now 51 degrees, no rain, winds 19 mph; 20 percent chance of rain at kickoff. #nflwx

Kinda windy at 19 MPH.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 16m16 minutes ago
    12 conference title games had favorite of at least 7 points since 1998. Underdog is 5-7 straight-up in those games. #GBvsSEA @OddsShark

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
    With two top DTs on IR, including Mebane, would think #Packers would run behind Sitton, Lang and Linsley quite a bit.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    When Rodgers/Wilson have 100 ratings, Packers are 52-10 and Seahawks are 21-3.

What is the opposite of concern trolling? Is it feigned over-confidence?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...288946481.html

Let's not anyone obsess about Aaron Rodgers' calf injury, either. Even with his ability to scramble somewhat compromised, he played at a high level in all three games since the injury and the Packers prevailed against competitive to excellent defensive teams each time.
    Bob could be fired for incompetence for insisting Rodgers has been just fine with the injury. The offense has continued to be efficient, but clearly is different and not as dynamic in the passing game. That might bode well for Seattle, but its still a limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I felt that way also on Tuesday and Wednesday but that gut feeling somehow went away.

Some part of me still wants to believe it might be that way Fritz. Few experts believe in the Green Bay Packers the way it was with the NY GIANTS coming to Lambeau Field on that very frigid day on Jan. 20, 2008.

Brett Favre was frozen as that game began. I'll never forget how he looked on the sideline.

Today the element as reported will offer win (severe wind gusts) and likely rain. That should favor Aaron Rodgers or the way he throws the ball.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://gnb.scout.com/story/1503021-w...d-running?s=61

— Each of the last seven NFC title games has been decided by seven points or less, including overtime games in 2007, 2009 and 2011. What does that mean for Sunday? The Packers are 6-0 in games decided by seven or less this season, including last week’s playoff win over Dallas. The Seahawks went just 3-3 in close games, with the losses being 30-23 at home to Dallas, 28-26 at St. Louis and 24-20 at Kansas City. They did, however, go 2-0 at home in close games, including 26-20 over Denver in overtime in Week 3.

Blog Entries
    Stone-cold Killer