Thread: Brady 4 Game Suspension Upheld

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    That's the whole thing to get out of this. Goodell shoots from the hip there are no rules in his mind. I do what I want he seems to think.

Get a process that makes sense. Follow the "law of the shop" as legally required and for god sakes don't have the NFL head lawyers EDITING THE INDEPENDENT FINDINGS.

I mean, is this the ultimate in balls.

They make a big deal about ball's air pressure yet have never had any controls in place. They honestly come off as a bunch of amateur morons in a billion dollar industry.
    Your thinking is exactly in line with mine. It's the old 'absolute power corrupts absolutely' and the NFL with its myriad of exemptions has been allowed to run around doing whatever the hell they want for a long, long time.

And the guys who own the teams are largely a bunch of egomaniacal cowboys, which is all kinds of crazy. When you step back and look at it, it's almost crazy it works at all.

Their behavior here is similar to how they've acted in other, seemingly unrelated matters, like the whole concussion issue.

btw I missed the 'editing the independent findings' thing. I assume they doctored the Wells report? More proof of the above.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Your thinking is exactly in line with mine. It's the old 'absolute power corrupts absolutely' and the NFL with its myriad of exemptions has been allowed to run around doing whatever the hell they want for a long, long time.

And the guys who own the teams are largely a bunch of egomaniacal cowboys, which is all kinds of crazy. When you step back and look at it, it's almost crazy it works at all.

Their behavior here is similar to how they've acted in other, seemingly unrelated matters, like the whole concussion issue.

btw I missed the 'editing the independent findings' thing. I assume they doctored the Wells report? More proof of the above.

Jeffrey Pash, the head lawyer guy for the NFL took the Wells report and made some "edits" which was testified to in court. When Wells was asked what Pash had "edited" he said he wasn't sure but felt the crux of the report was correct and it was just a lawyer "wordsmithing"

Now you gotta have some seeds to try and pull that off. Another lawyer who was working on the "independent report" ended up sitting at the table across from the NFLPA during the appeal, on the payroll of the NFL. I mean, you can't dream this shit up.