Thread: More Banjo: Week 6 @ Minnesota

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here is the thing. Hundley isn't Rodgers, but he and McCarthy will create a facsimile of a decent offense.

The bigger problems are still on the O line and DB (injuries). And pass rush (inconsistent and reliant on extra man).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Here is the thing. Hundley isn't Rodgers, but he and McCarthy will create a facsimile of a decent offense.

The bigger problems are still on the O line and DB (injuries). And pass rush (inconsistent and reliant on extra man).
    Okay, so we've seen quarterbacks go down against the Packers, and we've seen their backups almost pull off an upset (considering it was the backup). Why couldn't the Packers' backup do the same thing?

And Damn! Did the Packers even have any substitutes still on the bench? It seemed half the team was out due to injury by the end of the game (and yes, that probably answers the first question--two backup guards playing both tackle positions against the speedy rushers of the Vikings).

It'd be easy to rag on Capers for the defense, but if one more DB went down, Janis would have been back playing safety.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    --two backup guards playing both tackle positions against the speedy rushers of the Vikings).
    Yet, when Stubby did call a pass play, usually on 3rd down, he had Hundley dropping back four or five steps before getting rid of the ball. Plus, Hundley had opportunities to run and didn't, which leads me to believe he was told not to. I understand protecting your last QB but c'mon, let him play. That kind of stuff has to change next week or it's going to be a long season.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Yet, when Stubby did call a pass play, usually on 3rd down, he had Hundley dropping back four or five steps before getting rid of the ball. Plus, Hundley had opportunities to run and didn't, which leads me to believe he was told not to. I understand protecting your last QB but c'mon, let him play. That kind of stuff has to change next week or it's going to be a long season.
    I thought the 5 step drops were because they were third and long and needed mid length routes to develop.

We'll see next week what Hundley can do.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.