Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Did you see that easy 16 yd pitch and catch from Bridgewater to Rudolph?? Dunderdummy was playing man on the WR's and zone underneath. Rudolph was given a free release and simply ran an out pattern to the space vacated by the WR who carried Shields with him downfield - the defender playing zone underneath stayed in his zone, and Rudolph caught the ball without a single Packer with 10 yds of him - that's the brilliance of dunderdummy.
    Are you talking about the first play of the game where Rudolph ran an out to the left? That was man across the board. Hawk's coverage was awful though, which explains why Capers went to Jones.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Are you talking about the first play of the game where Rudolph ran an out to the left? That was man across the board. Hawk's coverage was awful though, which explains why Capers went to Jones.
    No, it was late in the game... you could see the WR run the clear out, and nobody was assigned to cover outside the hash. Rudolph could have pitched a tent and put up neon signs, and no Packer was going to give him a second thought b/c dunderdummy didn't account for that patch of turf at all.

The mess at ILB is almost entirely on TT, although I'm sure dunderdummy and MM signed off and said we were okay there. Still, dunderdummy does so many things that are unsound, that it compounds the mess we have at ILB.
    wist

No, it was late in the game... you could see the WR run the clear out, and nobody was assigned to cover outside the hash. Rudolph could have pitched a tent and put up neon signs, and no Packer was going to give him a second thought b/c dunderdummy didn't account for that patch of turf at all.
    So not a broken coverage. Not a player error. He leaves zones in his zone defense unoccupied? This is your contention?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So not a broken coverage. Not a player error. He leaves zones in his zone defense unoccupied? This is your contention?
    It's a Packer Horror Story! Starring Anthony Michael Hall as AJ Hawk (pretty apt casting, I'd say)

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The mess at ILB is almost entirely on TT, although I'm sure dunderdummy and MM signed off and said we were okay there. Still, dunderdummy does so many things that are unsound, that it compounds the mess we have at ILB.
    I read a lot of McGinn's stuff and one thing he has bee harping on all year is that the Packers were going to take Shazier or Mosley if they were available. I know he writes some dumb articles but he is normally pretty well connected with the draft. I obviously can't prove it, but my sense from him is that the Packers favored those players over HHCD.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I read a lot of McGinn's stuff and one thing he has bee harping on all year is that the Packers were going to take Shazier or Mosley if they were available. I know he writes some dumb articles but he is normally pretty well connected with the draft. I obviously can't prove it, but my sense from him is that the Packers favored those players over HHCD.
    Well that's where signing a stop-gap vet to fill a hole would serve the organization well... signing Peppers was a shot in the arm, but we are still impossibly feeble up the middle. We are literally dead at ILB - makes it tough to contend for a title when you have such a huge and glaring weakness right in the middle of your defense.

If one of those LB's were there at our pick, and we didn't fill the S spot - then go out and find a veteran S near the end of his career, but still has a little tread left on the tires, and let's make a run at a title; same thing would apply since we got the S - go out and get a competent ILB. Ted simply doesn't think that way.

If we had a half-ass competent DC, we might-could cover up for some of that mess in the middle, but he actually exacerbates it by scheming to ensure that those guys are on the field 24/7 - it's a huge problem that could be schemed around to some extent, but of course dunderdummy doesn't scheme around it, he schemes right into it, and the results are obviously very dismal.
    wist