Thread: Official Packers vs. Seahawks Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Talent to be top 5? They have the worst (or at least most unproven) DL in the NFL. They have the worst pair of ILBs in the league. Boy, I don't know about that one... There safety position is very unsettled. At DB I agree they have a top 5 staff.

I would rate the position groups like this:

DL - Bottom 5
    ILB - Bottom 5
    OLB - Top 5
    CB - Top 5
    S - 15-20

I don't see a top 10 D there unfortunately.
    I see a team built to stop the pass exceptionally well combined with an offense that's going to demand shootouts to beat. That should make them better than the sum of their parts. Look at New Orleans last year, they sucked against the run but were still a top 4 defense following the same recipe.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I see a team built to stop the pass exceptionally well combined with an offense that's going to demand shootouts to beat. That should make them better than the sum of their parts. Look at New Orleans last year, they sucked against the run but were still a top 4 defense following the same recipe.
    Exactly

Run D is a huge unknown at this point but I think we have a nice stable of pass rushers and secondary talent.

Regarding the official game thread, do preseason wins carry over to the regular season? If so, shouldn't the topic starter of the KC game start the thread?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Regarding the official game thread, do preseason wins carry over to the regular season? If so, shouldn't the topic starter of the KC game start the thread?
    I believe the preseason carries over, but I'm not 100%. Mad started the KC game thread and I have made a separate thread calling him out. Will he see it in time? Will we buck protocol to get it started so Cap'n can get his post in? Anyone have Mad's phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I believe the preseason carries over, but I'm not 100%. Mad started the KC game thread and I have made a separate thread calling him out. Will he see it in time? Will we buck protocol to get it started so Cap'n can get his post in? Anyone have Mad's phone number?
    We do have a dilemma though. Red Started the St. Louis and Oakland game threads and Packers won. Mad started the KC game thread and Packers won. We're already out of whack, so I don't think it'll matter who starts this one.

Seattle cops will be in the stands dressed as Packer fans... they're pretty obvious though

wist

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    DL - Bottom 5
    ILB - Bottom 5
    OLB - Top 5
    CB - Top 5
    S - 15-20

Didn't realize the OL would be so awful, though. Seattle is just so insanely fast and well-coached. They run blitz every damn play it seems. We look so old fashioned compared to them.

MM did not adjust the O despite ZERO running game (Did Lacey even have positive yardage?????) and no time. Why not run some quick slants instead of the damn screen pass that never works?

You cannot give up 9 yards a carry to Marshawn and expect to win.

The DL is the worst in the NFL. No question.