Thread: Official Packers vs. Seahawks Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    You don't need more than 3 or 4 DL if all you're going to run is a the 2-4...

Capers did exactly what I expected him to do... he came out with his small bag of the little tricks to start the game, he ran some 3-4 and he covered everyone one up pretty well - then he reverted to his nature, i.e. the 2-4.

Can't remember what series it was... 2nd quarter I think, he came out and lined up in his default 2-4 alignment, and that was it - all coordinating and coaching went out the window. It was autopilot 2-4 after that. He sprinkled in a couple of wrinkles here and there, but for the most part, he reverted to his default defense - the 2-4.

It was a disaster - just as it's been a disaster for the last few years. Capers had 2 months to draw a gameplan for this game - and this is what we got... more of the same.

I'm dead serious when I say he should be fired today - it would be an unprecedented move, but the season is lost already b/c of Dom. Cut him loose now, and maybe they can right the ship by the end of the season.
    I saw everything from a 4-3 to a 0-6 last night. From what I saw the most popular formation was a 3-3 with Peppers at end. But your obsession with formations doesn't matter, every formation requires tackling. Every formation in football requires that you not rack up penalties. Despite the poor individual efforts Capers's D kept the Seahawks to 4/11 on 3rd down. Considering how terrible the offense was, there are a LOT of brass and players that deserve blame before Capers. I'm no Capers fan, give him a chance and he'll give you a chance to say I told you so. This definitely wasn't it.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I saw everything from a 4-3 to a 0-6 last night. From what I saw the most popular formation was a 3-3 with Peppers at end. But your obsession with formations doesn't matter, every formation requires tackling. Every formation in football requires that you not rack up penalties. Despite the poor individual efforts Capers's D kept the Seahawks to 4/11 on 3rd down. Considering how terrible the offense was, there are a LOT of brass and players that deserve blame before Capers. I'm no Capers fan, give him a chance and he'll give you a chance to say I told you so. This definitely wasn't it.
    Big plays make the 4/11 worse than it appears for the D, but its not a bad number.

One thing changed this year versus the Seahawks compared to Fail Mary and one thing stayed the same. Packers got hurt by the Seahawks offense in numerous ways this time. But like the last game, Packers O didn't have much of an answer for the Seahawk D. And that is very surprising.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.