Thread: Official Super Bowl XLIX Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 29m29 minutes ago
    RT @TJLang70: I hope Gronk jumps on a police bike and rides it thru Seattle's locker room.
    i hope tj lang and every other asshole on the team that soiled the uniformed this season gets shipped out of town in the offseason

honestly, don't ever need to see any of the coaches or players wearing green and gold again. i'd rather watch us go full blown rebuild and spend the next 10 years going 1-15 then to watch any of these pussies play for us again

Brian Burke ‏@Adv_NFL_Stats 11m11 minutes ago
    With 26 sec on 2nd&g, you have to pass at least once to be able to use all 4 downs if necessary. Passing on 2nd keeps NE honest on 3 & 4 dn

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala 26m26 minutes ago
    Marshawn Lynch asked if he's surprised he didn't get the football. Says "No." I ask him, Why not? Says, "Because football is a team sport."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Brian Burke ‏@Adv_NFL_Stats 11m11 minutes ago
    With 26 sec on 2nd&g, you have to pass at least once to be able to use all 4 downs if necessary. Passing on 2nd keeps NE honest on 3 & 4 dn
    Or you can run it once and win the game.

The advanced statistical analysis of the game of football is such a joke. Claiming you "have" to pass is perhaps one of the most moronic statements I've ever seen. Vince Lombardi would take Brian Burke's analysis and file it right in the trash where it belongs.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Or you can run it once and win the game.

The advanced statistical analysis of the game of football is such a joke. Claiming you "have" to pass is perhaps one of the most moronic statements I've ever seen. Vince Lombardi would take Brian Burke's analysis and file it right in the trash where it belongs.
    Look at PFF's numbers for Seattle's runs at the 1 yard line in the last three years (all with Lynch). They were 10 of 23. Less than 50% success rate. That isn't advanced statistical analysis. That's a recognition that a run is less than 50% likely to succeed.

To increase your odds for either option to succeed, need to keep alive possibility that either could be called. That's why M3's empty backfield red zone is problematic. It was less problematic with Driver, Jennings, Jones and Ruvell (big target), but it leverages the defense against your call before the ball is snapped.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Look at PFF's numbers for Seattle's runs at the 1 yard line in the last three years (all with Lynch). They were 10 of 23. Less than 50% success rate.
    And they had two opportunities to give the ball to Lynch...which means your success rate "statistically" just jumped to 87%. Technically, they could've probably gotten a 3rd chance off if necessary if they had run the first play a little quicker. Now you are over 100%.

And they had two opportunities to give the ball to Lynch...which means your success rate "statistically" just jumped to 87%. Technically, they could've probably gotten a 3rd chance off if necessary if they had run the first play a little quicker. Now you are over 100%.
    The probability wouldn't be additive. And the clock is a factor.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

You can't get over 100% on a 43% chance in three tries.

But the problem is the clock here. With 26 seconds, you need two stoppages to get three plays off. You could run, call TO, pass and (assume incomplete) then run again.

You can't get over 100% on a 43% chance in three tries.

But the problem is the clock here. With 26 seconds, you need two stoppages to get three plays off. You could run, call TO, pass and (assume incomplete) then run again.
    Yeah...this is where I'm shocked the Seahawks let the clock run down so much. With only 1 time out left...I think the smartest play is to try to run first. Do it with about 38-40 seconds left...so you use the time out with just over 30 seconds left if unsuccessful. Now, you are free to still do whatever you want...because you can call two plays in the time out, and a failed run on 3rd down still gives you 25+ seconds to set up for another play. If you wind down the clock too much, it makes your play-calling more predictable. You can't worry about leaving time on the clock in that scenario...you need to use the clock in whatever manner gives you the greater advantage on the field to score the TD you need to retake the lead.

That's not how math works.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    That's not how math works.
    spoken by the guy who never gave 110%
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

To increase your odds for either option to succeed, need to keep alive possibility that either could be called. That's why M3's empty backfield red zone is problematic. It was less problematic with Driver, Jennings, Jones and Ruvell (big target), but it leverages the defense against your call before the ball is snapped.
    I've got no argument there...if you are going to throw in the redzone, especially inside the 5 yard line, you should almost always do it off legitimate play action.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i hope tj lang and every other asshole on the team that soiled the uniformed this season gets shipped out of town in the offseason

honestly, don't ever need to see any of the coaches or players wearing green and gold again. i'd rather watch us go full blown rebuild and spend the next 10 years going 1-15 then to watch any of these pussies play for us again
    Have another beer Red.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

NO
    Go PACK