Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Winners & Losers - Packers vs Jets

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    If your kid routinely gets failing grades, then surprises you with a report card with C's, you don't call him a loser. You brute.

Even your assessment is that it is matter of learning. I'm not sure what the deal is with Sherrod, but I hope his career is salvageable. If he has the mobility, he can be an NFL starter.

I watched San Fran play a backup tackle last night, the famous Jonathan Martin. Hard to watch. Probably backup tackles in the NFL are a sorry lot, it's a tough job for a big man.
    Well we're not alone. We're on our 3rd right tackle, so are the Chiefs. The Falcons are on their 3rd left tackle. With Bulaga's health the only thing keeping Sherrod from getting reps I expect to get an extensive evaluation of Sherrod this season. We'll see if he can make a starter of himself but right now he's a loser backup.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Larrivee singled out Lattimore as someone who played well. I can't say that I watched closely enough to offer an opinion.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I don't know, he was up and down the whole game. He ended with a QB rating of.... I think I heard 106 on radio.

I thought Rodgers was mostly very cagey.
    There were a few times in the 2nd half where he had us pulling our hair out. That series at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th where he was sacked 2 out of 3 plays (the other was a run) comes to mind. On at least one of those plays he held the ball for a LONG time.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I thought Lattimore looked decent. He may have Hawked some tackles but he at least wasnt in a ton of highlight shots like Jones was.

Loser MM. TERRIBLE play calling for long stretches of the game

Loser LACY, plodding, slow, dances like a moron and gets two yards. You are a one cut back that should hurt people

Loser MM not playing Starks.
    I assume you mean the stretches where they weren't scoring touchdowns?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Well we're not alone. We're on our 3rd right tackle, so are the Chiefs. The Falcons are on their 3rd left tackle. With Bulaga's health the only thing keeping Sherrod from getting reps I expect to get an extensive evaluation of Sherrod this season. We'll see if he can make a starter of himself but right now he's a loser backup.
    I think Sherrod will continue to get better and better as the season goes on. He still needs work on run blocking and definately still needs to get some help with the pass rush, but he's better than Newhouse.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

How was HaHa? Couldn't have been worse than Jets #25 late in coverage and then falling over himself in an attempt to lay a finger on Jordy to save a touchdown....

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    How was HaHa? Couldn't have been worse than Jets #25 late in coverage and then falling over himself in an attempt to lay a finger on Jordy to save a touchdown....
    Tackling was better. He was trailing too much on one deep throw. If the throw was better, it was six.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tackling was better. He was trailing too much on one deep throw. If the throw was better, it was six.
    I think he got caught peaking into the backfield. Smith rolled out and at one point looked like he might take off running. Ha Ha doesn't have great recovery speed. His decisions have to be right.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    He's definitely an aggressive player with good instincts. Had one particularly nice fill in run defense I can remember. Nobody is going to be surprised when he's one of the best players on the team in a year or two.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

He's definitely an aggressive player with good instincts. Had one particularly nice fill in run defense I can remember. Nobody is going to be surprised when he's one of the best players on the team in a year or two.
    His education may get accelerated depending on Hyde's injury. He'll be seeing some monster receivers the next few weeks.

Guess from GB Press Gazette was that Hayward got the boot for 3 missed tackles versus Seattle.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ages/15652073/
    They're now saying Hayward didn't play because his hamstring tightened up.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/275199021.html

While the Packers planned on using House regardless, defensive coordinator Dom Capers indicated that Hayward's hamstring -- the one that gave him so much trouble last year -- tightened up.

"I don’t know what the medical status of Casey was at that point in time," Capers said. "We’ll have to find out there. Really, Bush was healthy and ready to go, and I don’t know that Casey might have tightened up just a little bit. With his hamstring issues in the past, you’re always cautious of that."

Rat Starter
    Just reviewed the Jets-Packers game on NFL Shortcuts.

Losers:

Clinton-Dix: I see a little Sean Taylor in him, but the more I see him play, the more I dislike him. Slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Has the making of a classic "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane." Brady, Brees, Stafford, Ryan and even Cutler are not gonna overthrow a wide open receiver like Geno Smith did.

Hawk: Look around the league. The good/great defenses all have good/great ILBs. The only times Hawk got noticed was when his helmet fell off.

Hyde: Tackled poorly. Terrible in zone coverage.

McCarthy: I miss the old, liberal McCarthy. When DeShawn Wynn was running into brick walls, McCarthy got rid of the run and went with short passes and the "big" 5. Nowadays, McCarthy is too stubborn to change. It was obvious Lacy wasn't gonna see daylight even if he was running on the sun. Should've feed Stark or Harris the rock.

Contrary to popular belief, Peppers didn't play a poor game and he wasn't invisible. Guy had plenty of "near" sacks and "near" pressures that forced Smith to throw the ball quicker than he would've liked, resulting in incompletions. Just wait til the Packers start playing stationary QBs. Peppers is going to make Thompson look grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Just reviewed the Jets-Packers game on NFL Shortcuts.

Losers:

Clinton-Dix: I see a little Sean Taylor in him, but the more I see him play, the more I dislike him. Slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Has the making of a classic "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane." Brady, Brees, Stafford, Ryan and even Cutler are not gonna overthrow a wide open receiver like Geno Smith did.

Hawk: Look around the league. The good/great defenses all have good/great ILBs. The only times Hawk got noticed was when his helmet fell off.

Hyde: Tackled poorly. Terrible in zone coverage.

McCarthy: I miss the old, liberal McCarthy. When DeShawn Wynn was running into brick walls, McCarthy got rid of the run and went with short passes and the "big" 5. Nowadays, McCarthy is too stubborn to change. It was obvious Lacy wasn't gonna see daylight even if he was running on the sun. Should've feed Stark or Harris the rock.

Contrary to popular belief, Peppers didn't play a poor game and he wasn't invisible. Guy had plenty of "near" sacks and "near" pressures that forced Smith to throw the ball quicker than he would've liked, resulting in incompletions. Just wait til the Packers start playing stationary QBs. Peppers is going to make Thompson look grand.
    Good post. I have no idea of any of that shit is right, but you sound pretty sure about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    McCarthy: I miss the old, liberal McCarthy. When DeShawn Wynn was running into brick walls, McCarthy got rid of the run and went with short passes and the "big" 5. Nowadays, McCarthy is too stubborn to change.
    The adjustment you mention, passing (but without five wide) is exactly the adjustment he made yesterday. They stopped running and passed on a D that did not want to let Lacy go. They played single high safety and Rodgers and Nelson torched it from the 2nd Quarter on.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat Starter
    The adjustment you mention, passing (but without five wide) is exactly the adjustment he made yesterday. They stopped running and passed on a D that did not want to let Lacy go. They played single high safety and Rodgers and Nelson torched it from the 2nd Quarter on.
    My main point was, McCarthy should've used a different back. Harris should've been playing the majority of the time when the Packers were down 21-3, as Harris is the Packers' best receiving runningback. Put Starks there with the lead.

Lacy was having a bad day at work.

If Quarless can be believed the run was a big part of the game plan but got ditched because the Jets wouldn't come out of their 3-4 base against three wides. Doesn't matter who your running back is, that is when you put the ball in Rodgers's hands and let him torch the defense.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I think the main point about MM and the run game is that Lacy looked big fat and slow on Sunday and was doing too much dancing. Starks and Harris both seem to realize that by just running straight you get more yards (and they do.)

LOL at people that think Lacy should come off the field more. Come on now. Lacy will get whatever load he can handle. Starks/Harris will split the rest--depending on how the game is going. Because running against the Jets is difficult, the better pass receiver (Harris) played more. Other weeks, they will run more (and more effectively), and Starks will get more playing time.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Rex was obviously very concerned with what Lacy could do to their defense. Keeping Lacy in the game forced the Jets to stay in base even when the Packers used 3 wides. As a result, they couldn't double Jordy and paid the price.

I agree. You can see it already. He is going to be a good one.