Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The knock on Collins was that he simply wasn't very bright, and he really wasn't. How he ended up though, erases all of the bonehead plays he made, or didn't make while in the midst of growing pains.

It took him a few seasons, but once he had enough reps and enough experience, his speed, athleticism, and physicality made him special.

It's convenient to forget the growing pains though... first few years, Collins was a mess out there.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    The knock on Collins was that he simply wasn't very bright, and he really wasn't. How he ended up though, erases all of the bonehead plays he made, or didn't make while in the midst of growing pains.

It took him a few seasons, but once he had enough reps and enough experience, his speed, athleticism, and physicality made him special.

It's convenient to forget the growing pains though... first few years, Collins was a mess out there.
    Yeah, I thought Collins took bad angles at times, especially early. By his 3rd season he was making more plays than mistakes and you could tell he was gonna turn out good.
    This leads me to think that no matter who they draft at S -- and TT will draft at least one safety -- it's probably gonna take them some time to figure things out. All the "he's a bust" people need to chill and be patient. Rookies rarely start and succeed in the NFL.

I've been wondering if Beckham isn't TT's pick. I've heard comparisons to Jennings, he runs good routes and has good speed, and he would add juice to the return game while he pushes Miles White for the #4 spot and learns the offense. So the pick does make a lot of sense. Haven't seen Benjamin but I'm wary of guys who are one-season wonders, and he had 3 catches or less in half of his games last year. IMO the potential might be there but not the production.