Thread: OTA's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    McCarthy Press Conference, Day 2 of Rookie Camp, Beard is still with us. Looks like a cross between Timothy Busfield and Dan Haggarty.

What I caught Live:

Joe Thomas definitely inside LB
    Ryan looks natural inside, will stick there for now not a candidate to move

Twitter News Service

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 14m14 minutes ago
    MM on today's practice: Step up from yesterday. "Very pleased" with quality of drills. Been "excellent" two days.

STUNNED THAT IT WENT WELL I AM

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 21m21 minutes ago
    McCarthy says #Packers rookies will have meetings this afternoon, tour @LambeauField & have dinner at Brett Favre's Steakhouse.

THEY ARE REALLY LAYING IT ON THICK. DID YOU HAVE FAVREJACKS FOR BREAKFAST TOO?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 21m21 minutes ago
    On Joe Thomas: He needs to pick up where he left off from before he got hurt last training camp.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
    MM on Crockett: Here for a reason. Scouting different today than 25 years ago. Not many guys get missed.

NOT WITH HARV ON CAMPUS THEY DON'T

NotVicKetchman ‏@NotVicKetchman 21m21 minutes ago
    I may not know who Joe Thomas is but that doesn't mean I can't ask a question about him.

THE BEAT GUYS REALLY DON'T LIKE VIC. I WONDER WHO WOULD WIN A VOTE BETWEEN VIC AND BILL SCOTT?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
    MM on Blake Sims: Did some nice things today. Instinctive.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
    On Sims, another position is something that's been "thrown around." Did some post-practice work with some other guys at other positions.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
    MM on Jake Ryan: Like what he's done. Bigger than he thought. "Picked it up clean" with making calls. Assertive. Good start.

SO HE IS ENERGETIC AND CAN MAKE THE RIGHT CALLS. BRANDON IS NUTS, THIS GUY IS AJ HAWK. IF HE SHOWS THE SIDELINE THE SHOCKER THIS SEASON, THEY SHOULD INSIST ON A DNA TEST

Biggest revelation is that Rookie Camp is as much for the personnel guys as the coaches and players. Lots of people in the rookie camp are essentially being scouted in-house for the emergency list of players they would pick up if they have space on the PS/roster or have an actual emergency at a position.

The reason its timed for this week (not with vets in a week or two) is to keep up with other teams and not let a player slip through their fingers. Somehow Boykin in Jacksonville figures into this if I heard this correctly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CMIII working with ILBs during offseason conditioning/workout program.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...303145821.html

During the off-season conditioning program, which began on April 20, Thomas, Clay Matthews, Sam Barrington, Nate Palmer and Carl Bradford joined together as the inside group. No one is completely entrenched at the two starting positions, although Matthews will start somewhere on defense and Barrington's solid body of work last season gives him an edge over the others inside.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
    MM on Jake Ryan: Like what he's done. Bigger than he thought. "Picked it up clean" with making calls. Assertive. Good start.

SO HE IS ENERGETIC AND CAN MAKE THE RIGHT CALLS. BRANDON IS NUTS, THIS GUY IS AJ HAWK. IF HE SHOWS THE SIDELINE THE SHOCKER THIS SEASON, THEY SHOULD INSIST ON A DNA TEST
    When I say 'hop' you HOP! when you pass rush mister!!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck