Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Monday, Aug 18 Practice

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m
    Rajion Neal, Colt Lyerla, Joe Thomas, Barclay, Abbrederis, Bostick and Guion not taking practice in this shells practice

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3m
    Cobb, Hyde and Tramon back for punts. Janis covering for scout team.

JANIS NOT A LOCK FOR RETURNER DUTIES AT THIS POINT
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Monday, Aug 18 Practice

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m
    Rajion Neal, Colt Lyerla, Joe Thomas, Barclay, Abbrederis, Bostick and Guion not taking practice in this shells practice

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3m
    Cobb, Hyde and Tramon back for punts. Janis covering for scout team.

JANIS NOT A LOCK FOR RETURNER DUTIES AT THIS POINT
    Sounds like Bostick could be out a "Couple Weeks" with a lower leg injury. We all know this means, he had his leg amputated and they're waiting for the prosthetic to be ordered.

- In all seriousness, the TE position took another hit. I'll have to take a look at the Roster, but I only know of 3 healthy TEs - Rodgers, Quarless and Taylor and 2 of those three are actually TEs - Taylor is called one, but he's only on the team because of Sp. Teams. Quarless needs to step it up.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    - In all seriousness, the TE position took another hit. I'll have to take a look at the Roster, but I only know of 3 healthy TEs - Rodgers, Quarless and Taylor and 2 of those three are actually TEs - Taylor is called one, but he's only on the team because of Sp. Teams. Quarless needs to step it up.
    They told us all last season that they liked Stoneburner, and they kept him around. Maybe he will get his chance.

The first week of camp they said Perillo outplayed Lyerla, but then he plateaued. Time for him to turn it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    They told us all last season that they liked Stoneburner, and they kept him around. Maybe he will get his chance.

The first week of camp they said Perillo outplayed Lyerla, but then he plateaued. Time for him to turn it up.
    I'd hate to see Stoneburner cut because of numbers or whatever, then resurface as a decent TE with some other team. I have at least as much hope for him as I do for Bostick.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'd hate to see Stoneburner cut because of numbers or whatever, then resurface as a decent TE with some other team. I have at least as much hope for him as I do for Bostick.
    IMHO, Bostick is a lot better than Stoneburner.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

Ah yes, Stoneburner. Forgot about him....not good if you are forgotten.