View Poll Results: Is friction building between McCarthy and Thompson?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 2 published reports, its officially a thing.

0 0%
  • Nope. Single report, one source, that could have been mere speculation.

17 100.00%

Thread: Mike McCarthy Is On The Hot Seat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You have to give TT credit for Collins as an impact player. Possibly Finley, had he stayed healthy. Sitton, for as much as a guard can be an impact player. Lang is close, for as much as a guard can be. Lacy was very much an impact player as a rookie when he carried a lot of the offense with Rodgers out, I'm not sure what he is now. As a second/third year player, Bulaga was being talked about as being among the best RTs in the league. That is an impact. Injuries have changed him.

Thereafter, it depends on your standard for impact. However, on this board it is clear that as to equal players, the nonPacker is an impact player and the Packer is JAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    You have to give TT credit for Collins as an impact player. Possibly Finley, had he stayed healthy. Sitton, for as much as a guard can be an impact player. Lang is close, for as much as a guard can be. Lacy was very much an impact player as a rookie when he carried a lot of the offense with Rodgers out, I'm not sure what he is now. As a second/third year player, Bulaga was being talked about as being among the best RTs in the league. That is an impact. Injuries have changed him.

Thereafter, it depends on your standard for impact. However, on this board it is clear that as to equal players, the nonPacker is an impact player and the Packer is JAG.
    I certainly don't consider Sitton and Lang impact players - they're good, but that's about it. I agree on Collins and Finley, but they weren't around long enough... another guy I would add to that level just below elite would Greg Jennings.

So that brings us back to Rodgers, Nelson, and Matthews.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So by my count, that would be 1 impact player (Rodgers), and 5 very good players (Collins, Finley, Jennings, Matthews, Nelson).

Perhaps that should have been enough to get us at least 1 more title in TT's 11 year run - but alas, he refuses to fix major holes on the roster, and we end up limping thru season after season with a pretty big, exploitable flaw somewhere on the field. The question always comes back to - if TT had only filled a hole here and there, would we have won more championships?? We'll never know - what we know is that we got 1 in '10, and it's likely that is going to be it for Rodgers career.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I certainly don't consider Sitton and Lang impact players - they're good, but that's about it. I agree on Collins and Finley, but they weren't around long enough... another guy I would add to that level just below elite would Greg Jennings.

So that brings us back to Rodgers, Nelson, and Matthews.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So by my count, that would be 1 impact player (Rodgers), and 5 very good players (Collins, Finley, Jennings, Matthews, Nelson).

Perhaps that should have been enough to get us at least 1 more title in TT's 11 year run - but alas, he refuses to fix major holes on the roster, and we end up limping thru season after season with a pretty big, exploitable flaw somewhere on the field. The question always comes back to - if TT had only filled a hole here and there, would we have won more championships?? We'll never know - what we know is that we got 1 in '10, and it's likely that is going to be it for Rodgers career.
    Collins, Matthews, Nelson, Finley are just very good? They are or were top 5 at their position consistently. As to Lang and Sitton, they are as well. You not even labeling them as very good, when you are hard pressed to find 10 better players in the league tells me you don't understand how to identify an oline players quality. For some one who likes 'tough' football players, you just threw some of the toughest in the league under the bus.
    I acknowledge TT has not been good on the defensive drafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Collins, Matthews, Nelson, Finley are just very good? They are or were top 5 at their position consistently. As to Lang and Sitton, they are as well. You not even labeling them as very good, when you are hard pressed to find 10 better players in the league tells me you don't understand how to identify an oline players quality. For some one who likes 'tough' football players, you just threw some of the toughest in the league under the bus.
    I acknowledge TT has not been good on the defensive drafting.
    Of Collins, Matthews, Nelson, and Finley - the only one I'd consider for "elite" status would be Nelson. Collins would make that category if his career hadn't ended so abruptly. Matthews isn't elite - and of course age is now becoming a factor for him.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Of Collins, Matthews, Nelson, and Finley - the only one I'd consider for "elite" status would be Nelson. Collins would make that category if his career hadn't ended so abruptly. Matthews isn't elite - and of course age is now becoming a factor for him.
    This whole thing started with you saying Rodgers is the only elite player that TT has drafted. So now you're saying that Collins wasn't an elite player because James Stewart landed on his head and ended his career? After Collins went to 3 straight Pro Bowls and helped the Packers win the Super Bowl by returning an INT for a TD? Oh wait. I forgot. The Super Bowl doesn't count. That was just luck.