Thread: Several Players (Including Datone Jones) Suspended for Violating Substance Abuse Policy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Antonio Gates fesses up:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ng-ped-policy/

“In my 12 years in the NFL, I have taken tremendous pride in upholding the integrity of the NFL shield and all that it entails,” Gates said. “I have taken extreme care of my body with a holistic approach and never taken any substance that was illegal or banned by the NFL. In an effort to recover from a long season and although I was unaware at the time, I regret to confirm that I tested positive for a substance that is currently on the NFL banned substance list.

“As an NFL veteran and team leader, I should have done my due diligence to ensure that what I was taking for recovery was within the NFL guidelines. I have always believed that ignorance is no excuse when it comes to these issues, and I take full responsibility for my actions.”

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That's how a man accepts responsibility. Unlike the Viking players and starcaps.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    That's how a man accepts responsibility. Unlike the Viking players and starcaps.
    Unlike anyone else in the NFL: "Hey, it was adderall. I have ADD."
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Well, maybe. Or then again, maybe it's a half-acceptance by someone who knowingly took PEDs.