Thread: 2018 Playoffs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Wonder how the Eagles would fare with a knucklehead like Hundley having to come in after the starter goes down with serious injury during the regular season.

The more I think about how the Packers didn't have a veteran back up to Rodgers, one who at least has been in the fire before, the more I''m convinced Thompson's dismissal was long overdue. He just didn't get it towards the end of his reign.

Also on notice is Stubby and his QB whisperer status. Underwhelming to say the least,
    Eagles Defense >>> Packers Defense.

Foles is better than Hundley but he's got a lot more starts under his belt and gets to play on the other side of a strong defense. Both of those factors change the equation for the quarterback just a smidge.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

Foles is better than Hundley but he's got a lot more starts under his belt and gets to play on the other side of a strong defense. Both of those factors change the equation for the quarterback just a smidge.
    Yeah, D way better in Philly. Of course, the continued shit defense is still more of an indictment on Ted than anything else. Glad it's time for someone else to try and get that side of the ball on the upswing.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Foles wouldn't have to lead the Packers and that hideous D to the Super Bowl. Just need him to hold the fort down until the Great Arm of Butte heals, something The Hun failed miserably to do.

Believe it or not, there were 2-3 games this season in which that hideous D kept the Pack in the game only to see The Hun lose the game with uninspiring performances of Kizer proportions.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

What kind of special hell would it be to have to listen/watch two weeks of Super Bowl hype coming to your home stadium after losing in Championship game?

Two weeks of talking about the Eagles playing in your backyard after you just got rag dolled by them.

Purgatory.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    What kind of special hell would it be to have to listen/watch two weeks of Super Bowl hype coming to your home stadium after losing in Championship game?

Two weeks of talking about the Eagles playing in your backyard after you just got rag dolled by them.

Purgatory.
    Nah, no hell here. I’m old, a fucking football game is the least of my worries. I’m not one of those unbalanced motherfuckers who tie their self esteem to a football team who I have neither played on or work for. That said, I am a fan and these guys have certainly bummed me out, as you guys have also experienced the last 7 years as I have.....hope the big game is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Nah, no hell here. I’m old, a fucking football game is the least of my worries. I’m not one of those unbalanced motherfuckers who tie their self esteem to a football team who I have neither played on or work for. That said, I am a fan and these guys have certainly bummed me out, as you guys have also experienced the last 7 years as I have.....hope the big game is a good one.
    Yeah, we got bitch-slapped in Atlanta last year. No fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Respect. Pack got routed last yr in NFCC after a great playoff victory. Win/lose -- we still booze.

Foles had better numbers his rookie year than Hundley did this year. Also in his second year had 27 tds and 2 ints and went to the pro bowl while playing behind the 29th ranked defense.