View Poll Results: Who should the next Packers GM be?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Dorsey: Experienced, history of winning as GM, a haircut you could set your clock to.

9 42.86%
  • Brian Gutekunst: Cypher, very promotable. Makes a mean macchiato with McCarthy's expresso machine

0 0%
  • Bill Parcells: If still alive, then this poll is dumb. Hire Bill. Proven rebuilder

2 9.52%
  • Eliot Wolf: Princeling, creative speller, if bloodlines are your thing, great resume paper

7 33.33%
  • Other, Post it below

3 14.29%

Thread: Next Packers GM Poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I thought Russ Ball was a serious candidate......

"Former colleagues from the Kansas City Chiefs and New Orleans Saints see Russ Ball – the Green Bay Packers vice president of football operations and player finance and the secret weapon of Ted Thompson’s front office staff– as a future general manager in the NFL."

"Ball, 57, has been with the Packers since 2008. Before being hired by Thompson in Green Bay, Ball served 10 years with the Chiefs and six more with the Saints – with a few short stops with the Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings in between."

http://www.jsonline.com/videos/sport...ger/102321144/
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 06-23-2017 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    I thought Russ Ball was a serious candidate......

"Former colleagues from the Kansas City Chiefs and New Orleans Saints see Russ Ball – the Green Bay Packers vice president of football operations and player finance and the secret weapon of Ted Thompson’s front office staff– as a future general manager in the NFL."

"Ball, 57, has been with the Packers since 2008. Before being hired by Thompson in Green Bay, Ball served 10 years with the Chiefs and six more with the Saints – with a few short stops with the Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings in between."

http://www.jsonline.com/videos/sport...ger/102321144/
    In my rush to take a shot at Eliot Wolf, some may have inadvertently been left out.

Feel free to vote Other.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In my rush to take a shot at Eliot Wolf, some may have inadvertently been left out.

Feel free to vote Other.
    I read somewhere but can't find it now that Russ Ball is the top candidate.
    However, last January PFT wrote this article which put Dorsey as the leading candidate, and now that Dorsey has been canned by the Chiefs you'd have to think the odds have changed:

"There are a number of factors at play here. Thompson’s contract runs through the 2018 NFL draft, though there has been some speculation he could walk away if the Packers win the Super Bowl.

Dorsey, who came up through the ranks with the Packers, also has a contract through the 2018 draft. And the work he’s done with the Chiefs has certainly been good enough to merit an extension, if he wanted it. But if Thompson were to leave after this season, the Chiefs could prevent Dorsey from returning to Green Bay, where he played five seasons and worked in personnel from 1991 to 2012, with one year in Seattle stuck in between."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-packers-g-m/